Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online chat is currently unavailable

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Online chat is currently unavailable

This has been the message every time I have tried recently, including now. Is this now dead and buried as well as the ticket system? Do we now have to phone and sit in a queue for absolutely everything?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Online chat is currently unavailable

works for me - do you have an ad blocker running
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Specifically, if you have anything that might block 'Google GTM' this will prevent chat from working.
AVAST Online security, for example, blocks this as default.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Right, it was the Ad Blocker, I've disabled it for the site and it works. I would never have thought of that, thank you. Not only that but I got through straight away and my query was resolved!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks for the heads-up as well OJ and w23.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

As someone who manages google tag manager on a daily basis it's really not the place to be putting such a critical piece of code, the mind boggles why PN decided to put it there, I can only assume it's because it's easier than asking developers to insert it!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CRT,
Does this point to a need to make people aware (on links to the chat service) that advert blockers will inhibit the support channel technology?  As suggested before a resurection of the ticket system would be a simpler solution all round!  Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.