cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the most unprofessional accounts/billing departments I have ever encountered

nheather
Dabbler

One of the most unprofessional accounts/billing departments I have ever encountered

Seriously, the PlusNet accounts/billing department is doing so much reputational damage to the company and its brand.

I really thought it was over but they will stop harassing me with their outrageously stupid behaviour.

I had PlusNet mobile for a grand total of a few hours - just enough to find that the estimated VERY GOOD service was actually ZERO service at my house.  I cancelled immediately, the 29th September 2018.

I then went through a living hell of lies, broken promises and numerous phone calls to get the money that I paid up front returned.

At this point I had no trust in the company, and despite them confirming repeatedly that my account had been closed, I decided to cancel the Direct Debit (even though they told me that was not necessary as they would not take anything from it).

I did eventually get my money back (took about 4 weeks), that was a hard fight but I thought I could at last draw a line and have nothing further to do with this miserable company.

Guess what, had I stayed, the next payment would have been due around now, and I have just got a snide letter PlusNet telling me that my Direct Debit has been cancelled and they have therefore, limited my service and threatening that if I don't resolve by the next payment date (29th Nov 2018) my account will be restricted.

PlusNet - Listen to me - the account was closed on 29th September - there is nothing to limit or restrict - I'm with GiffGaff now and it is excellent - and you shouldn't be trying to take money from my account - that is very very naughty.

Take some pride in yourself, show a little professionalism or you will drive the PlusNet business and brand down the drain.

4 REPLIES 4
nheather
Dabbler

Re: One of the most unprofessional accounts/billing departments I have ever encountered

And it continues.

I've just received another email telling me that my latest bill is available.

This is for an account that was closed a month ago.

What do the billing/accounts department actually do - is there anyone working there that has a shred of honesty/professionalism/competence.

The department is an utter mess, out of control.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: One of the most unprofessional accounts/billing departments I have ever encountered

Oh no!

I cancelled, after not hearing one dicky bird from them, about a new mobile account. The only notification I received was a sim dropping through the front door yesterday.

Not received a thing confirming the order, the sim is on it's way, welcome to PN Mobile etc..

My upfront debit card payment was taken immediately and taken from my bank account. I just hope that there is less hassle receiving a refund on that. I will be keeping an eye open for a Direct Debit and it will be cancelled if necessary. It's not needed for the refund, that should go to the payment card.

nheather
Dabbler

I’m afraid that in my experience you will have to fight very hard to get your initial payment back.

Mine took took four weeks.  The time wasn’t so bad, if they had said up front that it had been processed but it would take four weeks, I would have been a little miffed but would have accepted it.

No it was all the lies, the broken promises and having to chase them up every few dats each time some new nonsense reared its head.

The worse one was the billing department refusing to accept that the initial payment had been made despite

1) the PN process does not let you sign up without payment

2) customer service kept telling me that the records showed that payment had been taken

3) I provided a credit card statement as documentary evidence

To this day I’m still not sure whether the billing department are just incompetent or thorouhly dishonest.

In the end they had to make the refund by BACS - for some unexplained reason they could not refund my credit card.

The billing department is an unorganised, possibly dishonest, mess and doing a huge amount of harm to the PN business and brand.

I’m still not convinced that they have closed my account properly, I beleive that they tried to take a further payment as I got the threatening letters about my Direct Debit being cancelled exactly when the next payment was due had I stayed.

I’ve given up trying to help them and looking forward to seeing them in court if they try and threaten me any further.

Hope you have a better experience than me - but cancel your Direct Debit now if you haven’t done so already.

Cheers,

Nigel

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Nigel.

Sorry to hear you're still receiving monthly emails following your account being cancelled. From what I can see they were simply automated emails and I believe I've fixed this for you now, so you shouldn't receive anymore.

Again I do sincerely apologise for the delay in sending the refund request to our billing team to action accordingly and for the inconvenience caused. It's worth noting that our billing team weren't involved in this until I emailed them. 

With regards to how we refunded you the money back, we should've been able to issue it back to your credit card, though that's on me because I asked for a BACS refund to try to avoid any further delays and get it to you quicker.

@newagetraveller, sorry for the lack of communication. If you can PM me your account number or order number I'll be happy to make sure your account is closed and money is on its way back to you.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet