Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month since signup and still waiting for a service!

One month since signup and still waiting for a service!

Dear Plusnet,
A rather appalling experience here: I signed up for home phone + broadband exactly 1 month ago (2 March 2010). As the title says, it's the 2nd of April today and I have neither phone nor broadband of course.
It all started wrong: Plusnet could not find my address in their database! I could perfectly see my home number in all databases I tried (Post Office, BT, various banks, to name a few). I called up and indicated this a couple of times. It took them about 10 days to correct it.
Then, the appointments from OpenReach: scheduled for another 10 days later. I called and I emailed; why to suffer such delays if they could not find my address in the first place? They finally managed an appointment 5-6 days earlier than planned. Not bad I thought.
Then, they charged me £49.99 for a new line installation. The engineer came over. He couldn't find a socket in the house (I explicitly had mentioned that my home requires a new line installation). He decided to pull a cable from the BT distribution box. When he was asked by the block managing agent to provide a "Method Statement" he left and said someone else will come to do the work. I am still waiting for a call from PlusNet.
Two days later, Plusnet records a "missed appointment notification" ticket in my account! I replied by email and described the above. Still no response.
In the meanwhile, I had my business phone line installed within a day from BT, including the master socket installation in the house. Now Plusnet have to do nothing, but activate a new phone line and the broadband service. It all  seems so difficult for them. I wonder if I will ever get my £49.99 back, which they charged me for nothing.
There has been no response from Plusnet since. I called 2 days ago and was promised that the engineering team will call me. Still waiting.
Nothing for PN  to be proud of in the description above, guys. I was with Plusnet for about 7 years before I switched to O2 (for better price). The reason I decided to return was the great customer support I had experienced in the past. It seems all so untrue now.
I hope Plusnet management can describe their obligations to a new customer, and any liabilities for not being able to provide a service 1 month later. There is also a "service commit date", which they have obviously missed.
I hope someone from customer support can respond to these lines.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Re: One month since signup and still waiting for a service!

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having, I can see Matt has responded to you elsewhere so I'll leave him to it.,84981.0.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff