cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month since joining and problems galore

thelonerider
Dabbler

One month since joining and problems galore

Well after todays phone call I am going to have to have a rant. My first problem was solved with a free month credit so I gave plusnet the benefit of the doubt. I even phoned up today to upgrade to unlimited broadband and phone calls until one of their "call centre staff" (if you can call them that) had a go on the phone and told me to go else where!
Firstly, the dates were wrong for setting up, I let that go. Then they took payment and phoned me up 3 days later to say they need to take payment. This I could have seen as another "MISTAKE" if it wasnt for the fact I had just finished a 12 hour night shift and been in bed less than 3 hours. When I explained that the payment had been made, the staff member just said "oh yes, it says that on the account". Not an apology, kiss my a** or anything. Just as calm as you like, oh yea, I didnt read the screen that I looked at to make the call to you and confirm all your details for.
After an hour on the phone I was given a credit of one month (to which it has not yet been applied to my account so we will see).
So it had been quiet for a month until I phoned today to make a query about the 10GB usage. I just wanted them to clarify a few things that I could not get answers for on the website. I explained my query and got interrupted 3 times (which I do not appreciate after paying to make the call). I asked the staff member to listen to me before replying to which he did and afterwards agreed that I was right even though 3 times interrupting told me I was wrong. I asked him to just double check what I had said as I wouldnt want to be with plusnet if this was wrong and I was told to "go elsewhere for my service".
After this comment I demanded to speak to his line manager as I do not appreciate contributing towards his wages for him to speak to me in such a manner. After leaving me on hold for 12 minutes, he cut the phone off.
Seems that a lot of people have similar problems with the overseas budget price non English speaking staff like I do. Its one of the reasons I have not reffered plusnet to any friends or family.
I am giving them 24 hours to answer my ticket query before I pull the plug and go elsewhere. Oh, and they will have to whistle for the contract outstanding. If a company cannot deliver the service, there is no such contract. I will go to Trading Standards to make sure of that (I got out of a BT contract the same way).
Just wanted to have my rant.
Jason.
PS To staff, my username is the same on here as my account, just to help you there.
36 REPLIES 36
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:One month since joining and problems galore

Hi Jason,
I'm really sorry for all that. Firstly, your discount is in place - it'll be set automatically on your next billing date so there won't be a charge.
I've had a look at the tickets on your account and am wondering if there's a good time to give you a call in the morning to have a chat about all this? Please drop me a PM or a reply and let me know, thanks.
thelonerider
Dabbler

Re: One month since joining and problems galore

Well look at that. I get what looks like decent reply on here but the support reply was more like go and take ur business elsewhere cuz we dont want you.
Seems like plunet are a complete 2 faced business and I am going to email 20,000 people on consumer forums that I help to run and let people know about this service, or should I say LACK OF SERVICE.
I recommend all people to NOT BUY FROM PLUSNET because there is no plus here, just a load of negatives.
Youve just lost a customer.
James
Grafter

Hi Jason,
I've just tried giving you a ring on your mobile to discuss your concerns, but unfortunately it's routed through to voicemail.
Could you let me know of a suitable time to call?
thelonerider
Dabbler

Seems one phone call through to an answerphone and you give up. The reason the ANSWERPHONE is there is in the name. Why didnt you leave a message? When I get a call from unknown user, I do not answer my phone.
You also have my landline number, considering thats how you contacted me in the first place so what was wrong with a bit of inititive?
I think the idea of these forums is to make plusnet staff look good after someone rants. You say you tried contacting the customer so therefore thats all sorted.
Also, you say you tried calling yet the message I got in the message centre was that no one could call as you are a few days behind. So, make up your mind, stop lying and try a little harder next time.
Ive given plusnet til 4pm today to either call me or cancel my service with a full refund for what i have paid so far. I wonder if that will work.
To anyone else having problems: hit them in the pocket, they get off their backsides once you do.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I don't work in the call centre.  My job is to look after this forum and the people who use it.
I tried to call you, there was no answer so I politely asked you if there was a more suitable time.  I hardly think that by not managing to get hold of you the problem is resolved.  Such a train of thought would be ridiculous.
James
Grafter

Hi,
As per our telephone conversation, I've updated your ticket with the details of our conversation.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There are some that deserve help and some that are so damn ill manered and rude they don't.
Quote from: thelonerider
Seems one phone call through to an answerphone and you give up. The reason the ANSWERPHONE is there is in the name. Why didnt you leave a message? When I get a call from unknown user, I do not answer my phone.
You also have my landline number, considering thats how you contacted me in the first place so what was wrong with a bit of inititive?
I think the idea of these forums is to make plusnet staff look good after someone rants. You say you tried contacting the customer so therefore thats all sorted.
Also, you say you tried calling yet the message I got in the message centre was that no one could call as you are a few days behind. So, make up your mind, stop lying and try a little harder next time.
Ive given plusnet til 4pm today to either call me or cancel my service with a full refund for what i have paid so far. I wonder if that will work.
To anyone else having problems: hit them in the pocket, they get off their backsides once you do.
thelonerider
Dabbler

Yes, thank you James. Just seems that communication at PN, like all communications companies just dont seem to work right. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.
James has sorted my issues and concerns so for now at least, my rant is over. I have upgraded to the full broadband package and the telephone too. Lets hope I dont come back here regretting it in a few weeks time, although at least it wont cost me to phone and complain anymore (hehehe).
Jason.
glloyd - i was seemingly rude as you put it as that was the only way to get a response out of PN. Oh, and it worked.
James
Grafter

glloyd - i was seemingly rude as you put it as that was the only way to get a response out of PN. Oh, and it worked.

Tbh - No matter what tone you had used I would have offered to call you.
I strongly suspect the vast majority of this forum will be able to confirm this.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Confirmed. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yup!!
He has even phoned me a couple of times - now that really is above and beyond the call of duty  Grin
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I can remember a recent poster who James was keen to call to discuss their problems and they didn't want to take the call (they hadn't asked for a call).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and James has even Phoned me and answered PM's Cheesy Cheesy
scarrabri
Grafter

wow i see the bully boys of plusnet are joining forces again,its never there fault ,i remember the problems i had,and came on to this very same forum,and they will convince you its some thing thats wrong at your end,never theres ,i have cancelled my plusnet and will be happy to go with o2 ,but i must say a huge thankyou to Andy at cancellations,he was very helpful,