cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One VERY unhappy Plusnet customer!

quirkyboy
Dabbler

One VERY unhappy Plusnet customer!

My Plusnet Telephone and Broadband package was supposed to start on 26th September but apart from a few days of unreliable and intermittent service using my previous providers router I have had no Telephone or Broadband service since that date. I am having to post this from my public library.
I think I have been exceptionally understanding and patient up to this point. I am EXTREMELY unhappy at the lack of customer service I have experienced and unless I get some satisfaction very soon I will be terminating my relationship with Plusnet.

12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: One VERY unhappy Plusnet customer!

Hi there,
I can see this was raised to us as a voice fault on the 7th and you had an engineer booked for a visit around the 10th? From your post and the update to the ticket today it appears that the issue is still ongoing, our faults team will pick this up again. Sorry for the problems you've had so far and hopefully you'll be up and running soon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
quirkyboy
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply Chris but I am pretty much at the end of my tether due to the absolutely terrible service I have received from Plusnet and have requested my MAC code to try another provider. I thought Talk Talk were bad but Plusnet are on a whole different level.
When I contacted Plusnets Customer options team I was told by one of the advisors that if I left for another provider I would have to pay a cancellation charge which I think is an absolute disgrace considering I have had no Broadband or Landline service since my contract began on 28th September.
One of the main issues I have had with Plusnet is their failure to acknowlege the unnaceptability of my situation and their innability to apologise for the major stress and inconvenience it has caused. Two of the most basic principles of customer service.
The only thing that will stop me escalating the situation further would be if I was contacted by a senior member of staff to apologise and assure me that the matter is in hand and will be dealt with promptly.
CMR
Dabbler

the phone says award winning home phone & broadband, the tv says good honest broadband from yorkshire, in my personal experience and that of 228 people and counting just contacting me on this forum, that isnt the case.
in my eyes if they offer you a way out g.t.f.o and stay away, plusnet are the most unreliable, insulting, false information giving broadband provider around. and the customer service centre are useless.

Bad, Defraudulent Broadband From Timbuktu
jim:quote
TicnTac
Grafter

Bad, Defraudulent Broadband From Timbuktu

That sounds more like BT than Plusnet  Shocked I know Plusnet are known for a few money problems, their system does like to help itself every now and then, but normally, when the right people are spoken to, the matters to get resolved.
Due to BT, the Plusnet broadband at times can be very bad, but that is due to BT, and would also mean that any other provider using BT would have the very same issue, it's just that Plusnet are better at dealing with it, even if it does take a wee while  Roll_eyes
De fraudulent well if you define fraudulent as - dishonest; based on fraud or deception; false; phony, then I can't say that Plusnet are dishonest, a little misleading at times especially with their current advertising campaign, but having the 'De' in front of there doesn't achieve anything to the word at all, if anything it detracts away from the fact that they may or may not be conducting fraudulent activities, although I'm sure anything like that would come from BT, not Plusnet itself!
As for being in Timbuktu, well Plusnet are based in Sheffield, which is nowhere near South Mali (which is where Timbuktu is), also if you were to reside in Timbuktu, you'd be better off with a satellite provider for your internet connection, although 3G is becoming available, across a range of African Cell Networks.  Smiley
.........228 people and counting just contacting me on this forum, that isnt the case.

Shocked Wow, my fault has been running now for several months, and although we didn't come onto the forum right away I've not had that amount of people contact me!  Roll_eyes
Any problem given time, and patience, can be resolved, given half a chance the Plusnet team to work, and do produce some good results, they may look as if they suck at times, but most of the issues, if not all the issues, are either computer related or BT related, with the odd bad CSA thrown in for good measure.  Smiley
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: CMR
in my personal experience and that of 228 people and counting just contacting me on this forum, that isnt the case.

Interesting.  There haven't been 228 unique visitors to the forums since your earlier post today, so someone is being somewhat economical with the truth.
Whilst you may have an axe to grind with Plusnet, blatantly lying on an open forum is unlikely to further your case.
B.
quirkyboy
Dabbler

Received telephone call at 10am on Sunday 17th October to inform me that landline and broadband are now connected.
Can someone advise me who to contact regarding compensation for all the stress and inconvenience caused by this ridiculous situation? 
quirkyboy
Dabbler

Can anyone help me with my previous question?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I can see that you've contacted our support centre about the same issue and it's currently with a Team Leader to contact you. I'll leave this for now in their capable hands but please let me know if you haven't had a response from them by tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
quirkyboy
Dabbler

Thank you Chris. When it comes to customer service Plusnets employed staff could do well to learn from the volunteers on this forum.
Incidentally, the first Plusnet employee I spoke to regarding this matter seems to be of the initial impression that my telephone and broadband was activated on 5th October so I don't deserve any compensation. Even though there is a record of all the communications on my account. Their intransigance is depressing and turning me more and more off them. 
quirkyboy
Dabbler

Following a call from a Plusnet supervisor in South Africa I have been offered the grand total of  8 pounds as way of apology for all the stress and inconvenience this whole saga has caused me. Absolutely unbelievable.
That paltry amount goes nowhere near to covering the cost of having to use my mobile phone for the last 3 weeks, the cost and inconvenience of travel to and from my local library for internet access and lots of other crap I've had to put up with.
I am totally disgusted with Plusnet and am very seriously considering going elsewhere.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi, just to make it clear  I am not an employee, nor a volounteer.  i joined PN a month ago, and I was unhappy-very unhappy. However, things did happen and are still happening.
I was cross-posting my complaint and generally making myself a pain in the @%*e.  Then someone , ok several people asked me to stop cross-posting, and a deep breath later , I realised it was counter-productive. My problem is ongoing, but progress is being made, but i realised one thing.
The difficulty dealing with PN or any BB supplier is, you are where you are and they are somewhere else. not like a shop. So it is very frustrating. I would suggest you call again with all the facts and figures and state your case again. eventually someone will listen.    iI you go, now you have your service, who is to say you won't have exactly the same problem?
Whatever you decide, good luck
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI quirkyboy,
Having had a look at what went on with your fault and the inconvenience we have decided to offer you two months' free broadband which I will apply now for you.
Regards,
Jojo