cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omar the Plusnet tec guy

lorraine

Omar the Plusnet tec guy

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Just wanted ti say a big big thank you to Omar! All weekend I have been trying to resolve a modem issue. After speaking to other people at PlusNet I had no joy.. then I spoke to Omar.. he sorted the problem, gave me information that none of the others did. Fantastic!! Very patient and polite. Can not thank this man enough... he deserves a reward for sure!!! Thank you again Omar  Smiley Smiley Wink Wink
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Omar the Plusnet tec guy

Thanks very much Lorraine, really glad you were impressed. I've made sure your thanks have been passed on Smiley
Hope things keep up this way.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matt,
Might you find time to determine what the "others" failed to do, which if rectified will in future ensure that they give a better customer experience on their first contact?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was a third party router setup, so while it may be better for expectation setting that nobody had run through it, if you get through to an agent who knows that model/manufacturer you might get lucky. Looks like this is what's happened here.
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Do the working settings for third party routers then get added to a database at PlusNet for future reference?
Maybe add an online database for 3rd party router settings that PlusNet customers could access for help?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The help pages have always had the settings that are needed which apply to any ADSL router!
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that those that are not sure what they are doing to use the Plusnet supplied router and only those that are more able to use third party routers (or use the router manufacturer's help desk).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Matt
It was a third party router setup...

Matt,
Good that this has been made clear, as there is (was) the risk of reading into the OP that a number of staff were not able to provide the expected level of service.  The OP did not suggest that more than reasonable expectations were being sought from the PN CSC.  There are 100's of 3rd party devices out there, support knowledge for which from within PN is not a viable expectation.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.