Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ofcom 2014 Complaints Report

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Ofcom 2014 Complaints Report

Makes interesting reading: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/05/ofcom-publish-q2-2014-broadband-phone-mobile-tv-complai...
PN have been included for the first time in landline and broadband .
On both, they are above the industry average , nearly 50% more than the average for phone line complaints
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Ofcom 2014 Complaints Report

For broadband
Not good but the Industry average is a bit misleading as it presumably must include all the bit or niche ISP's otherwise BT, Plusnet and TalkTalk wouldn't all be above it
For me the really good one compared to the other major players who use Openreach is Sky who are significantly better
For phone - this just shows that Plusnet aren't geared up to handle phone problems - BT do it so much better
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

the sky figures are highly questionable.
you only have to look in the sky support forums to see that.
Empirical
Grafter

I think that hi-lights why looking at a forum to try and gauge customer satisfaction is meaningless. Companies with larger customer bases will get more complaints on their forum than smaller ones even though the proportion of unhappy customers may be smaller.
chenks76
All Star

no, it simply highlights that ofcom reports should not be treated as gospel.
AndyH
Grafter

I've had a phone line with Sky for quite a few years now. Had several faults and their support has been superb - a lot better than BT's (have a line with them also). LLU operators get better OR care levels as standard.
chenks76
All Star

who says LLU operators get better OR care levels?
Openreach by law cannot favour any operator, they must give everyone the same level of service.
AndyH
Grafter

It was set by OFCOM in the first place when LLU was introduced.
LLU providers get standard fault repair of next working day, Mon - Sat.
WLR providers get standard fault repair of end of next working day + 1 working day, Mon - Fri.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
It was set by OFCOM in the first place when LLU was introduced.
WLR providers get standard fault repair of end of next working day + 1 working day, Mon - Fri.

Really ? i From personal experience i will have to call  bull**** Andy on that, why ? well  i have had a BT openreach engineer visit my home on two occasions  once was on a Saturday  and the more recent was a Sunday Both where reported as  PSTN voice faults directly to BT consumer CS  the fist one was reported on a Thursday, and the second was reported on a Friday, (Yes it amazed me too when an OR  engineer was knocking on my door at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon ) lucky i was home, as i did not expect the fault to be fixed until later the following week
But a lot of the complaints will be down to engineers failing to turn up, seems to be a lot more talked about  by plusnet customers than customers from other isp's cp's  for some reason or other, Plusnet have once arranged a BTOR visit for a bb fault, engineer turned up when expected , maybe down to where you live
AndyH
Grafter

Is there a reason you need to swear in every post or tell me I am talking rubbish?
I never said faults could not be repaired sooner. If Openreach have the resources locally, it's in their interest to repair faults as soon as possible.
The SLAs for WLR and LLU outline the target repair times, which were as I stated (if you do not believe me, read https://www.elibrary-openreach.co.uk/downloadfile/89?contentid=90&pagetitle=Service_Maintenance_Leve... )
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: AndyH
I never said faults could not be repaired sooner.

No, but the way you phrased the post could have been read like that.
AndyH
Grafter

I thought it was pretty obvious, but hey-ho.
deathtrap
Grafter

@Andy it was this
LLU operators get better OR care levels as standard.
which i disagree with as OR have to treat all CP's ISP's the same, yes they can have different care levels SLA's But they don't get those for FREE as i'm sure you will know they are chargeable add-on services , And if Ofcom found that Sky or any other ISP was being given a prioritised service for the standard price over other ISP's they would be in trouble, and I'm sure the other isp's CP's wouldn't be happy either
Which is why i called it
hillyfields123
Grafter

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/serviceharmonisation/serviceharmonisa...
Notice how LLU providers automatically start on the second step whilst WLR providers only start on the bottom level.