cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I'm getting cross!

DeeWEss

Now I'm getting cross!

I've been with Plusnet (PN) for 10 whole days now, although I signed up last November!  To be fair, the first problem wasn't PN's fault but something called "faulty tie-pairs" at my local BT exchange. OK I can guess what they were and of course BT took their time in repairing them.  I pointed out to PN that my MAC was going to expire and should I get a new one (to save time). No came the reply, no need for a new MAC.  Came the day when the tie-pairs are repaired and I get an email from PN to say they can't go ahead because of "open orders on my line". Huh? Whats that mean then?  Turns out I need a new MAC - surprise, surprise - coz the orginal has expired!!.
So then we get the new MAC and on the date for migration (Hooray I'm about to get shot of the shower that was Pipex) except that: Yes my Pipex connection's gone, but no Plusnet either!  Oh well, it's only 9:00 am I'll give it a while. After 2 hours still zip.  So call Customer care (at least it's not 10p a min like pipex) OK no probs give it 30 mins and it'll be fine.  45 mins later still zilch.  Call again, well so-and-so should have done that when you called last time. I'll fix you up then I'll go and belt him round the head!  Give me 10 mins and should be OK. Oh Yeah!  Well knock me down, 3 mins later phone rings, it's OK give it a go while I'm on the phone. Yippee, I'm in! Apologies and thanks all round.  Checked later and I'm getting double the speed I had with Pipex.
So you think that's the end of the story? Not quite.  A couple of days later I get a bill for 40 quid activation fee!!  Then one for the monthly sub.  Onto support site, send a ticket asking what's going on? It's a mistake, sorry, we'll refund it as soon as it's paid. OK says I, I saw that coming.  Today the refund was due.  Guess what? They've refunded my monthly sub not the activation fee!!!
Come on guys how difficult can it be to get this sort of thing right first time? So, I've submitted a new support ticket, coz they closed the refund thread.  I've been pretty laid back on the problems so far. As the saying goes "stuff happens" but a lot of this is completely unnecessary "stuff".
I am impressed with the quality and knowledge of the staff, the prompt responses, the apologies, the way they track your queries and I like the product.  I even submitted to change my phone over to them this morning before I realised they'd fouled up again.  I just wish they'd stop making silly mistakes!!
Anyway, rant over. I know it'll get sorted I just wished it hadn't happened like this
TTFN  David
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Now I'm getting cross!

Hi David,
I'm sorry that everything has gone so badly so far.  It does sound rather like anything that could have gone wrong, actually has.  I am glad however, to see that you are now online with us finally.
I've refunded the £40 charge.  I'll leave the first months subscription fee in a refunded state as a good will gesture for the period of downtime you suffered and for the payment that we took for the activation fee.
I'm very sorry that things have started out like this and certainly hope that everything will run as it should from now on.
DeeWEss

Many thanks, James, much appreciated.
I had every confidence this would be sorted, it was just another straw on the old camel's back, so I had to get it off my chest.
I can certainly commend Customer Services for the way they deal with these problems, if I'd still been with Pipex I'd have another week to wait for a response and then they wouldn't have answered the question!!  Now if you can just stop the problems happening......
Keep up the good work guys (and gals) and thanks again.
David
scootie
Grafter

welcome to PN DeeWEss.
As you've found out PN allways try there hardest sort problems out. Shame they have to happen in the first place but your minds at rest when they happen here at plusnet.
As you can see from how PN have delt with the billing mess they play the long game with there customers. ie they want you as a customer for life and gave you a nice gesture to put the teething problems youve had to bed.
got to say most if not all other isp's would off held on to that accavtion money as all there worried about is that 1/4's turnover/profit margin where like said b4 PN seem to be looking alot futher into the future and value you as a customer.
happy broadbanding
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

To the best of my knowledge you would have been unable to get a new MAC untill the original had expired anyway.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yeah.  The system we generate them from won't give us a new one until the old one has expired.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager