cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed so far with slow migration.

darnokfx

Not impressed so far with slow migration.

Hi,
Signed up to migrate from BT (might that be the problem?), paid 1st payment by Credit card 'as it will speed up the process'.
Credit card payment was taken on that day, so 5-7 days later should be using plusnet broadband.
No, nothing for 7 days as had to wait for Direct Debit setup to process. OK now it should get rolling.
No, another 7 days later and nothing.
From reading the forums it seems there are far more problems migrating form BT than any other provider.
Is it because it's basically the same provider minus the charge for the free BT Sport package?
All I know it that I have paid £155 to plusnet and my next bill to BT.
I am now getting worried that it nothing happens over the next couple of weeks the mac code will expire and BT will ask for more money. Seems like the gist of most bt/plusnet migrations.
Sorry for the rant, it's a feedback thread, there's my feedback.
Thanks for looking.
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Not impressed so far with slow migration.

Hi Darnokfx,
Welcome to the forums.  The PlusNet Digital Care Team (DCT) do not patrol the forums over the weekend, so you are unlikely to see a response here from PlusNet before Monday.  Is there any update information on your order in the user portal - see account details?  Have you raised a support request for an update through the user portal?  You could try phoning PN, though you might have a bit of a wait, as many subscribers are experiencing difficulty arising from BTw / BTOR (PN's suppliers) capacity problems.
There are a number of known issues where the supplier's systems (BTw) do not clearly / correctly notify PN of order failures / issues, with the consequence that such issues can get overlooked.  If nothing else, someone from DCT should pick this upon Monday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

darnokfx

Hi Townman,
Thanks for replying. I wasn't expecting a response, it was more of a rant.
My order update on the accounts page went to the checking line details within a day of ordering and has stayed there.
Raised a ticket and had the response mentioned before, waiting for DD to finalise even tough the CC payment was supposed to reduce the waiting.
Tried phoning a few times but the 45min wait is a problem with interuptions at home having too make me hang up.

dcash29
Dabbler

Darn
I understand your frustration. You are not alone in the termoil.
I wonder if they will offer their new cheaper tarrifs for compensation?
darnokfx

Hi
Can anyone from plusnet update me on my original post. I'm getting concerned something is wrong after reading other forum posts
Thanks
Konrad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, really sorry about that. Basically our automated system failed to get the order placed for you. I've picked this up and placed it manually, hope the ticket update helps. Your service should transfer over on the 18th December, but should continue to work with your previous provider until then.