cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy ...BUT there is Light

waynem
Grafter

Not happy ...BUT there is Light

Ok so i cant say i,m overly impressed so far , today an engineer turned for my install ..(that i was told was cancelled ) good job i was home , all went well ish  , till i asked about my broadband install ..supposed to be done at the same time , anyway he didnt know anything about it ..so he went of to the exchange to see if it was scheduled ...computer says NO .. so  a call to PN  i was told that when the order was placed  who ever placed it didnt add the broadband part !!! Angry ... so a few phone calls later  a few departments  and the broadband was ordered , another weeks wait , .. so i,m not happy infact very unhappy .................
BUT i would say that kirsty ( not sure which dept ) got it sorted ( i think)  so i would like to say a BIG thanks to her and whoever else was involved , the order process has been pretty grim and not something i could recommend at present , i have been offered some compensation etc which is greatly received ..... but to be honest i,d just rather things had gone a little smoother ...
anyway thanks again Kirsty and everyone involved .
roll on next week and the connection of my broadband !!!!    Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Not happy ...BUT there is Light

keep ya chin up Wink
waynem
Grafter

Thanks ukste ...
stressfull doesnt even come close ! Cheesy  whatever did we do before the worldwideweb !!!!lol
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

i know all about stress, ive just moved from BT and trust me their support is shocking... altho plusnet is owned by bt, plusnet i feel do offer a better service, as my parents and brothers use them. I know uhave had some problems but nothing on the worldwide web is 100% up, things happens its just crap when it happens to you it feels like no one else has had it before.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi waynem,
Sorry to hear for the delay in your order, not a good start for you. I can see Kirsty has helped you with this and your broadband is due to complete next week, I'll keep an eye on your order and chase it with up our suppliers and if it does complete before the 26th then I'll get that active straight away for you.
I'll also pass your thanks to Kirsty, as that is the level of service we do aim to provide.
Kind Regards,
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've checked on your broadband order and it is complete. You can now use your broadband. Again apologies for the delay.
If you need any further help with this let me know.
Chris
waynem
Grafter

Hi Chris
Yep it went live this morning  Grin .. done some early speed tests  and can confirm  D/Load speed is faster than what i had before  and ping is half of what it used to be i,m sure due to the Pro add on , however U/load  is half of what i used to get !  Sad  .. i,ll leave it a while and let everything settle down and see how it goes ! ... so far so good  BF3 here we come !
cheers  Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like the order was placed with a 448 upstream rather than uncapped, though having said that I doubt there'll be any issues with gaming or anything of the like while that's the case.
If you'd like us to place the order to uncap it that won't be a problem (it can be done overnight) but given the issues that have happened previously I'd say it's probably worth leaving things as they are for a week or two to make sure everything's okay before we do so. Your call though Smiley
Hope that helps.
waynem
Grafter

Hi Matt
thanks for the quick reply ,  i was under the impression that upload was important  when gaming  , although the current ping is settled at around 45ms   were as before was around 50ms or above so that has got to help ! i do agree though , at the minute i,ll see how things go as you said due to issues with the order.  i did have 0.8 upload before .
thanks again
wayne