cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not good start with Plusnet

mikeflan
Dabbler

Not good start with Plusnet

I just transferred to Plusnet from BT because BT were having webmail problems...blow me down if Plusnet is also the same.....webmail not working...cannot access it....  Outlook Express will not set up all because of a webmail problem with Plusnet.....  so....I have to keep using my Gmail...Hotmail and Yahoo web based mail because of a plusnet failure.....  not what I would call a good start for me... I do hope it's not going to be like this all the time...
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Not good start with Plusnet

I am not aware of any problems with email or webmail
Can you give a bit more details to help with diagnosis
If you go to here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings and select Manage My Mail are there any accounts setup
If there are any setup have you tried accessing them from webmail using the format username+mailboxname and the usual login password unless you have set up a different email password
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Outlook Express will not set up all because of a webmail problem with Plusnet

A problem with webmail has no effect on Outlook or any other email client on your system. As Jim has said there aren't any issues that we know of with our email service at the moment.
I've had a look at your account and your mail is set correctly on our side. When you are logging in to webmail are you just entering your normal username and password? That's all you should be entering as you haven't got any additional mailboxes set up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mikeflan
Dabbler

If there is no problem...then why have I got an answer from your support telling me..there is a Known PROBLEM....  ????Huh
mikeflan
Dabbler

read it for yourself...
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
11:07am, Saturday 3 Dec 2011Dear Mr Flanagan,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Our Networks team have confirmed to us that this issue is related to a known problem with our systems. This has been raised for investigation and we have to have this resolved as soon as possible.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
Chris
Legend

I really don't know, I've just tested 5 or 6 different mail account and could log in to all of them. The problem that he's referenced is about sending email not logging in to webmail or setting up in Outlook Express.
Are you able to log in and are actually having issues sending and receiving email?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've just done a bit of digging on this and the problem is related to the MX records that are set up when a new email domain is created. These aren't being created correctly and a fix is due to be rolled on Monday for it.
However you should still be able to log in and set up your Outlook Express in preparation for this fix happening.
mikeflan
Dabbler

I can log in.....  but there's nothing there.....webmail DOES NOT WORK !!!  not active !!!!!
[removed] says...'Known problem'....  that's all I know  as I am not able to access any mail on Plusnet I guess I won't know for a time !!!!!
Outlook Express was set up by me when Plusnet confirmed my e-mail address yesterday  ...  Friday !!!  so now I have to wait until Monday for a fix !!!  Huh..
Most inconvenient considering the e mail address given to me Friday by Plusnet I gave to all my ...financial accounts ie: e-bay..paypal...amazon market etc.....now I have change them all again as I cannot receive anything through PLusnet to confirm to these accounts verification of same.... so this weekend has been virtually lost financially because of this.
I hope they make a better job of the telephone service because I am due to change to that at later date....
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mikeflan,
The fix was rolled out this morning, please let us know if it's not made any difference to the service?
mikeflan
Dabbler

Hi...
Yes the fix was done and all is flying now....just a matter of sorting out the mess left from not being able to activate my bank,paypal,e-bay,amazon accounts etc. because they need the e-mails they sent to be 'clicked' on their links....and what they previously sent have all been lost in the ether.......my thanks to the customer service this morning
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it's working and sorry for the mess it's left, hope it's not too much hassle cleaning it up. If there's anything else we can do for you please let us know.
mikeflan
Dabbler

I can't praise customer support enough...everyone I have spoken to has been tremendous and let me say how ood it is to talk to someone UK based...it makes discussing the problems so much easier...thank you all at Plusnet..please keep it up, don't do the same as some competitors that base their centres elsewhere.