cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being paid a referral

Surfer
Grafter

Not being paid a referral

I referred my father to Plusnet for his phone only in 2010 and have just realised that I have not been paid a referral fee in all that time.  I set up the account and the email bills are sent to my email address.  If I remember correctly I could only get my dad on because I was a long time Plusnet customer as at that stage Plusnet did not take on phones only without broadband.  My other two referrals are being paid, but not the one for my father.  I never checked previously as I assumed that PlusNet had got it correct.
There does not seem to be an area in support where you can query it?  Can any one help?  Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Not being paid a referral

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Surfer,
When you set up your fathers account you'll have had an option to enter the referrer at sign-up, otherwise this can be done after but within 3 months of activation.
If you can raise a ticket which Oldjim has linked to with your farther's username on we'll be able to take a look at that for you.
Surfer
Grafter

I am fairly certain that the deal was done at the time over the telephone as my father did not want broadband.  It is the possible that the person dealing with it never activated the referral?  I have raised a ticket.
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get that ticket picked up for you and looked into.
Surfer
Grafter

Apologies.  It seems that i looked at the wrong date regarding the start of his account and it should be from November last year.  However I have never been paid the referral fee.  I cannot remember if I did it over the phone or Online but fairly sure it was over the phone from his flat as I would have needed the account details and he does not have Internet.  Thanks.
BTE why do I always get two emails for the same item or post?  I get two emails regarding my account, two emails regarding this query etc?
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is it to the same email address you're getting notification.
I've also taken a look at the referred account and it's not an account that can be referred and it was part of a larger migration in November.
Surfer
Grafter

Not sure what you mean when you say part of a larger migration?
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's probably explained better here. But these are not accounts that have been referred or that we can add as being referred.
Surfer
Grafter

I am sorry but that is nonsense as I set up the account for my father  and should be entitled to the referral.  He was not migated over from any other provider.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Surfer,
The account that you mention in Ticket: 85463095 is not an account that can be referred. As my colleague Chris has explained, this particular account was migrated as part of a mass migration.
If you would like a breakdown of your referrals then you can PM me and I can provide you with the detailed information.
Surfer
Grafter

Perhaps someone would care to explain to me why my email is being used to send the monthly account if it was part of a mass migration?