cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not again!

andyhb1963

Not again!

I have just moved to a new house and asked you to set up a second line in the new home (fibre optic broadband plus telephone). The engineer arrived but was not aware that it was a second line and it sounded like he was taking over the existing line to the house. I did not want that to happen and I was quite explicit in my request to you and so I am not best pleased with your service to me again (almost the exact same thing happened during my last move). I would be grateful if you would rearrange the installation ensuring that the engineer is clear about what is required. Also please note that I want the new telephone and broadband line to enter the house on the first floor so that the socket is in my computer room. Therefore, the engineer will need a ladder!
I have replied to the ticket on this subject but have not received any reply and I am now without telephone or broadband.
As I do not want history to repeat itself (I think several weeks past before I was sorted last time), I would be very happy if someone could deal with this matter promptly.
Thanks, Andrew
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Not again!

Yet another provisioning cock-up  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry about this andyhb1963,
I've checked the order and we did instruct Openreach to install a new line.
I'm passing on some feedback about this.
I see the order has been closed off so I'm wondering have they been back out to finish the job unbeknownst to us? (that does happen sometimes)
Let me know so I can get things rearranged if needed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhb1963

Hello Adam, thanks for the reply, sorry I did not respond sooner, but I am redecorating and didn't sign on all day!
No they did not come back and finish the job.
I did wonder whether it was a problem with OpenReach (the broadband providers really should be doing something about them, they are dragging your reputation through the mud). Anyway, to re-confirm ....
1) I want a second line installed (fibre-optic broadband with telephone).
2) It needs to enter the house on the second floor at the front (I want the telephone and broadband socket in my new 'office').
Finally, can someone please ensure that there is not going to be any impact on the existing line into the property. We have already asked TalkTalk to take over that line and I don't want anything to stop that going ahead on the 27th August otherwise we will not have ANY telephone or broadband in the property and that will be extremely inconvenient to say the least.
Thanks,
Andrew
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andrew,
I've checked the ticket and I'm glad to see things appear to be on their way to being sorted please PM me if there are any further issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhb1963

Hello Adam,
I sent a PM to you, but it looks as if my home move has now stalled (and you didn't reply to my PM). I was promised a new install date but as yet nothing has been forthcoming (even though the ticket has been released from hold).
Unfortunately I am now reluctant to call your support line again because of the appalling wait times. Can someone please get things moving again. I am, after all, still paying you for a service which I am not currently receiving (and I won't let THAT go on for too much longer).
Thanks,
Andrew
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy,
I didn't reply yesterday as it was my day off.
I'm looking into this now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhb1963

What? They allow you days off?!! ;o)
Thanks for your PM, Adam. I have replied and thanks again for your help.
Andy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, no worries I'm here today (for my sins lol) so will drop you a reply soon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team