cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start

garytc78

Not a good start

Just wanted to share some feedback with my new connection to plus net.
When I signed up I was originally given an installation date of 25th march so I waited until a couple of days before
and decided to ring plusnet and ask when I'd be seeing the engineer only to be told they'd been trying to
contact me about said installation.
I told them that I had not recieved a single email apart from the welcome one when I signed up so I knew they
had the correct address, so I was told I had to contact talktalk and get the hold taken of my line which I did and it
took 5 mins.
So rings plusnet again to arrange the install and I was told I'd have to wait a further 2 weeks  Angry not happy
but I thought I'd give them one last chance.
So everything went well had the line installed onthe 10th april and I was told to expect 30mb  Smiley happy days
but guess what I'm only getting between 17 - 21mb thats nearly 50% less but I do get the full 30mb if I'm right by the router now I thought the whole point of  wireless was it gave you Internet wirelessly and I suppose it is but why the near 50% drop when I'm out of the room.
3 REPLIES 3
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Re: Not a good start

Quote from: garytc78
why the near 50% drop when I'm out of the room.

Broadband/Fibre Speeds are ONLY quoted on the basis of a direct connection to the router (i.e. NOT via WiFi).
The whole saga of WiFi is far too dependant on things outside the control of the ISP, viz:-

• House Structure

• Other sources of WiFi and/or interference

• Different Smartphones/Tablets/Laptop (etc) will give varying performances

• Etc, Etc

Hope this clarifies!
garytc78

I've been out and purchased tp link extenders and sorted the speed problem out but the thing that is still annoying
me is the poor communication I recieved when I first signed up to PN.
As far as I'm aware PN have my mobile number and definatley my email so for them to say they
tried to contact me to rearange an installation is a lie and I am really unhappy about that and the
fact I had to take a day off work for the first install which I wasn't informed had been cancelled
and then I had to wait a further 2 weeks for the next install  Sad
garytc78

I've got to say I'm very unimpressed with the lack of an explanation about why I was lied to about being contacted and thus having to wait a month for an install  Angry