cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit or debit card...

lilypop

No credit or debit card...

so for £4.99 i have to wait yet another 2 weeks for internet. it's already taken over a month to get this far, (20 days just to get the phone connected!) now to be told that the modem hasn't even been sent.
i understand that the p+p needs to be paid, but thanks for making it so difficult to pay it!
how about when i phone up and say 'i don't have a credit or debit card' you listen to that, not just transfer me to someone else and get them to ask me the same question?!
or maybe when i ask 'do you have an account i can make a payment into at the bank' you don't treat me like i'm trying to defraud the company!
I know in this day and age it's virtually unheard of for someone not to have credit facilities, but every other company i've dealt with has alternative arrangements for people like me.
so now i'm off to find someone to write a cheque for me (then post it! yay me!)
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No credit or debit card...

Hi lilypop,
Shame to hear you've had a bumpy ride with us so far. I'll have a look at your account, give feedback where needed and I'll see if I can offer any suggestions to make your experience of starting up with us more pleasant!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nadger
Rising Star

@lilypop - one assumes that you have a bank account, to pay by DD, and nothing else.
You aren't alone as my daughter hasn't got any cards other than a cash card - fortunately she has me  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

so for £4.99 i have to wait yet another 2 weeks for internet.

Not a chance, this is not our usual procedure but given your circumstances I've dispatched the router and that should reach you within 2 or 3 working days. I'll keep an eye out for the cheque coming in too. Also the connection is ready to go so you just need the router to get started.
I'm sorry if you feel like you weren't being listened to or if the initial response was a little harsh, I've already passed on some feedback to the agents you've dealt with.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lilypop

@John she's a lucky girl having a helpful dad!
@Adam thank you for the assist!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, you know where to contact me if you have any more problems, here's hoping you don't! Smiley
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Not a chance, this is not our usual procedure but given your circumstances I've dispatched the router and that should reach you within 2 or 3 working days.

Is that from the stash under your desk or have you flailed your arms in the direction of the warehouse in the hope that one will be dispatched?  Grin
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is that from the stash under your desk

Nope, besides our internal systems automatically dispatching orders we can trigger them manually from here. Usually we'd ask for payment first but given the circumstances I though I'd be nice and get one ordered today. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team