cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation email from Plus net.......

MrFraggle
Grafter

No confirmation email from Plus net.......

So will not be taking up the new contract offer by phone 4 days ago as I am not happy with the lack of follow  up confirmation and I do not feel a two year contract is something I wish to enter into.
I note that you can only contact Plusnet via chat or phone these methods do not afford me a hard copy as to what was said or not said which can lead to forgetfulness and even blatant dishonesty when it comes to remembering what was said using these methods.
I would be grateful if Plusnet could advise on when or rather how much notice they need before I leave seeing as a MAC is no longer required.
7 REPLIES 7
nadger
Rising Star

Re: No confirmation email from Plus net.......

I recently started new contract ( upgrade to fibre) and found all details of telephone conversation under Help Assistant
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: MrFraggle
I would be grateful if Plusnet could advise on when or rather how much notice they need before I leave seeing as a MAC is no longer required.

No notice is required irrespective of whether you are in or out of contract. Just sign up with another ISP and they should handle everything.
Obviously if you are in contract Plusnet will send you a bill for the termination charges.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You have 14 days to cancel a new contract Mr Fraggle. I'd not just rely on the gaining provider led transfer alone but let PN know you are cancelling within the 14 days. See below from the Ts & Cs. As you are only 4 days in, it shouldn't be a problem.
"Cancellation
   You can cancel a service anytime up to 14 calendar days after the day we accepted your order (except for BT Sport, Plusnet Protect or YouView TV from Plusnet channel packs, which you must keep for at least 30 days). If you cancel after we start to provide the service, you must pay the service subscription charge for any period that the service was made available to you and for any use of that service not covered by the subscription charge, up to the date that you told us you wanted to cancel, and return any equipment we supply that is needed to use that service. You will also need to pay any installation, connection or activation charges associated with that service - including the full cost of charges that were discounted or advertised as free as a condition of taking the service on the terms that you agreed when we accepted your order. If the service you sign-up for is an additional feature, a re-contract and/or upgrade, upon cancelling the service we may revert you to your previous contract or the closest matching service.
   You can cancel your order for any equipment up to 14 calendar days after the day on which we deliver it to you or any person you nominate to receive it.
   Where you cancel as set out in paragraph 10 or 11 above and are required to return any equipment to us, you must return the equipment to us (undamaged and in its original packaging) within 14 days of cancellation. Unless we agree otherwise, you are responsible for the cost of returning any equipment. We will refund anything you have already paid for the equipment, but we may reduce that refund by an appropriate amount up to the full value of the refund where the equipment is damaged, or we consider that the equipment has been used more than absolutely necessary to verify that it was fit for purpose. We may offer to collect the equipment from you and if you agree, we will charge you our reasonable costs for doing so. These rights are in addition to any other statutory rights you may have to cancel your agreement.
   We will treat any failure to return the equipment within 14 days of cancelling as a serious breach and immediately end your agreement in line with paragraph 43 below ("If you break the Agreement"). If we do this and you did not pay for the equipment in full - you will be liable to pay the full price of the equipment. If you subsequently return the equipment to us, we will waive or return what you have been charged for the equipment.
   If you cancel a service outside of the cancellation period set out in paragraph 10 above, you must give us the appropriate notice as detailed in paragraph 46 and you may be liable to pay early termination charges as set out in the Price guide."
MrFraggle
Grafter

Quote from: spoon

No notice is required irrespective of whether you are in or out of contract. Just sign up with another ISP and they should handle everything.
Obviously if you are in contract Plusnet will send you a bill for the termination charges.

Cheers will look at that.
Quote from: spoon

My current contract expires in 5 days and as yet as far as I am concerned I will not be under contract from that date apart I suppose a rolling contract.
MrFraggle
Grafter

Phoned up and cancelled the new contract even before it began but I found the customer service rep a bit on the testy side.
He implied or rather stated that there was no email confirmation necessary as the details are recorded in the account online. Though he was not specific as to where I might found these details.
When he asked why i no longer wanted the new contract I told him that I really did not want to sign up for two years when other fibre suppliers do not require this length of time, he replied he did not know about that. To which I replied that he would have great difficulty persuading me that he or his department were not aware of competitors offers, this was met with a statement that he did not mean that.
He agreed to cancel as he could not offer me anything, he wanted me to tell him what I was looking for. Strangely I did get an email confirming Plusnet were glad I was  'Happy' I was to remain on my current terms. Not sure where they get the idea I was happy.
I think it is time for Plusnet to stop telling us in the UK that they have award winning customer service judging by my experience and reading of similar on these forums.
Don't think I will be moving to Virgin either as they were just plain rude.
Had a phone call from a very cheeky rep from Virgin who really should get his people skills sorted or change his profession.
He reliable informed me that as I stayed in a first floor flat then there would be issues getting permission to run a cable up to my flat as virgin would need permission. I explained this was not necessary as though would not be a problem anyway, as we had communal conduit for BT and Broadband cabling ETC. But he was not having this.
Anyway I said that I was looking for a price per month not anything else and he replied could not really give me one. At which point I told him where to put his broadband.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry that you're not happy with the deal offered, we can offer lower costs when a customer takes a 24 month contract compared to an 18 month one, which is why we offer them. If you prefer an 18 month contract, I'm sure our Customer Options Team would be happy to arrange one for you, however it would likely be at a slightly higher monthly cost compared to the 24 month one previously offered.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrFraggle
Grafter

The offer was a paltry one for a commitment to a 24 month contract.
And your rep had the opportunity to make me an offer yesterday, this he did not do so another phone call to the Customer Options Team is for me a waste of time
As I am now on a rolling contract when I see an offer that suits me then at least I will be able to move from Plusnet without incurring any early termination charges.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.