Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie very satisfied

Heanorman
Dabbler

Newbie very satisfied

Smiley Smiley :)Hi,
    Joined Plusnet a couple of weeks ago and delighted with everything .
       Having been with aol for 6 years and struggling every day, i thought that was how the internet was.
     To be quite honest the only thing i am annoyed with, is the fact i have wasted 6 years of my life, and paid a high price [£££] for it.  
    Thank you Plusnet for everything, and to put the iceing on the cake i live in the Loscoe / Heanor area which is probably only 15 miles from Sheffield as the crow flies .
  Plusnet make you feel one of the family with the way they leave a message on your answerphone  asking if you are ok, and i must admit i have never spoke back because i must have got used to this hard world elsewhere of no contact.
     The router is wonderful, push the wires in, switch on, and you are on the internet. This to my mind is unbelievable.   Just wish i had another one as a spare [embedded with my serial number]. Will have to enquire about this on another board . Or maybe if i signed up for longer say 2 or 3 years i might be given another one free.
     Next time i am in Sheffield i would like to call in at Plusnet Towers and give a big box of chocolates.  [Room for bribery here, router, long contract, chocolates,photo of satisfied customer.
       Thank you for everything my Plusnet.
 All the best Graham ---------  Wink Wink Wink
  jim:orange Excessive smileys removed as per Forum Rules mod:end
22 REPLIES 22
Mand
Grafter

Re:Newbie very satisfied

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to Plusnet and the Community Site.
Re the router, you could purchase another as a spare but tbh there's not much point as the one you have would be replaced if it became problematic inside a year.
If there's anything at all we can help you with please shout up. Smiley
scootie
Grafter

Re: Newbie very satisfied

welcome to PN
Thank you Plusnet for everything, and to put the iceing on the cake i live in the Loscoe / Heanor area which is probably only 15 miles from Sheffield as the crow flies

nice try but i live in chesterfield even closer to yorkshire than your self and the guys and girls still wont adopt me as a  yorkshiremen  Grin
asbo Walks away mutterin unda 'is breyth.
you may find this useful to understand some of the conversations that go on in this forum  Wink http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/yorkshire-translator.asp
Not applicable

Well, it's certainly cheering to read such a positive post so hope that PN continue to please and welcome to the forum Heanorman.
As can be seen by my signature, have been with Force9 for more than  5 years and happily things have always been OK.
BTW - I can beat you both hands down, being but 10 miles from PN Towers.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum Heanorman but you might find it difficult getting chocs past the sweet toothed security Wink Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Heanorman
Dabbler

Re:Newbie very satisfied

Hi,
    Just as a matter of interest Undecided how much do you charge for a second router, embedded of  course.
  If this is classified information perhaps you could email me.
Bit of a mad scientist really with a collection of old pc's and operating systems.
I like to keep main pc right [and router] and not play with, it and experiment with the rest.
  Have got a bad track record of wrecking stuff, then binning it.
Sure i am going way off topic here , and perhaps need some correction. Crazy Crazy Crazy
Ps, serious tight wad really, but no harm in asking price.
  Thanks, Graham
Quote from: Mand
Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to Plusnet and the Community Site.
Re the router, you could purchase another as a spare but tbh there's not much point as the one you have would be replaced if it became problematic inside a year.
If there's anything at all we can help you with please shout up. Smiley
Heanorman
Dabbler

Hi again,
   Thanks to all of you  Smiley :)for warm welcome to your / our boards Crazy
 Do Plusnet do a car sticker for satisfied customers?
 Where do we have the xmas party? [and is overnight accomodation included]?
 Why in the smileys, isent there a smiley  ''question'' expression?
 Why all the cobbled stones on Chesterfield market?
 Why am i so happy with Plusnet?
 Why do i eventually get banned from boards?
 Why is the sun shining when it ought to be raining and cold?
 Where are the board hard men / women who are usually lurking in the back ground, waiting for the moment when they can go in for the kill?
 Can anyone answer these questions for me? Undecided Undecided Undecided
  All Best For Now Graham--=============
Mand
Grafter

I think there are lots of people here who could rival you for bits of computer and networking kit lying around Wink
A new router would set you back £40. It'd be the same model you have now, with the same firmware and features.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Heanorman
Do Plusnet do a car sticker for satisfied customers?

No, but these guys could sort you some Wink
 Where do we have the xmas party? [and is overnight accomodation included]?

Feel free to arrange one, your Comms Team like parties and can be very helpful if plied with alcoholic beverages Cheesy
Why in the smileys, isent there a smiley  ''question'' expression?

I find question marks particularly useful in these instances, smileys are for smiley purposes Tongue
 Why all the cobbled stones on Chesterfield market?

There are many things you could ask about Chesterfield, but we're probably best not knowing the answers
Why am i so happy with Plusnet?

'Cos we rock Smiley
Why do i eventually get banned from boards?

Dunno, but very very few people get banned from here, and you seem like a fairly amicable chap Smiley
Why is the sun shining when it ought to be raining and cold?

To cheer us up in readiness for the rain and cold coming now you've said that.
Where are the board hard men / women who are usually lurking in the back ground, waiting for the moment when they can go in for the kill?

We don't have any, our moderators are lovely.
Can anyone answer these questions for me? Undecided Undecided Undecided

I just did Smiley
Heanorman
Dabbler

Quote from: Mand
I think there are lots of people here who could rival you for bits of computer and networking kit lying around Wink
A new router would set you back £40. It'd be the same model you have now, with the same firmware and features.

Hi, Can you send me one please, [embedded so its plug in and use] and take money out of my direct debit.
Plusnet are so helpful its like having a friend on your shoulder.
 Thanks so much, Graham
 PS. In my opinion only Plusnet give anything like this sort of personel service.
  Thank you my Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just a few (no more that four at a time)  (for Mand)      thats enough for now
scootie
Grafter

its not the cobbles thats wrong, its the horse thats a bin lorry on market days thats  Crazy . i feel sorry for it and allways end buying carrots off the market for it. 
pierre the king of smileys
pierre_pierre
Grafter

oh go on then have a look at Kitz lot http://www.emotionless.co.uk/emotes/index.htm 
scootie
Grafter

Hi, Can you send me one please, [embedded so its plug in and use] and take money out of my direct debit

do they take payment for things like this by direct debit, i know i had to pay by card for max preminum
pierre giving his trade secret up.
fiting for a anti socail dog  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another trade secret, right click on the smiley and select properties, that tells you where it came from Cool Roll_eyes