cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie coming over soon

tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Newbie coming over soon

Howdy-do everyone. I have made the switch (or at least I'm in the process of doing so) from a UK based satellite television, broadband & phone provider. Not sure whether I'm allowed to name them or not, so will err on the side of caution.  Lips_are_sealed
I was a customer of the Exeter based broadband & phone company owned by the Hull people. Service was fantastic, but cost was way too high. In terms of reliability I could not fault them. Had they been willing to haggle over pricing I would never have put myself through the last 2 months of torment.
I would just like to say what a pleasant experience it has been joining this company compared with the nightmare I have just been through. The sign-up process is extremely smooth, open, and transparent. My switch will be exactly 2 weeks before the date I asked for, and every detail I added during the initial contact has been noted and acted upon.
It really is nice to deal with a good hones company for a change.
15 REPLIES 15
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Newbie coming over soon

Hi tazmaniandevil,
Really glad to hear this feedback! Thank you very much!
We hope your experience is a continued success during your time with us!
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

No worries. I'm cool with honesty. So much so I was banned from my current ISP's forum for telling the truth. "unfounded allegations" they called it - even though I had all of the emails to back up what was written and offered to post them.
All they wanted to do was blame BTOpenreach for everything. There were some failures by BTOpenreach, but the entire SNAFU was caused by general failures to listen and enter information correctly.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you feel that the information about your experience with your current ISP might be useful for other people considering joining them you could post on http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/sky.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I probably should really. It was only after I had actually had my first set of problems, on day #1, that I discovered their user forum. I wish I had read through it when I thought it would be a good idea to have all of my bills under 1 roof so to speak. After 15 years with the same ISP with absolutely no drama, other than the fact they are unable to operate a direct debit properly, I was shocked by the rudeness of staff and unwillingness to take ownership of issues.
How did you guess who they were by the way?  Grin
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I take it all back.
After the guarantee that my order would go ahead as planned, it all went pear shaped. Despite knowing for several hours that my service could not be switched, no-one bothered to let me know.
Thanks
For nothing.
picbits
Rising Star

Sad Was it a BTOR  no show or Plusnet mess up ?
I know that until BTOR actually haven't shown up and it is past the appointment time, PN often won't be informed.
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

They couldn't tell me because the provisioning team all b*gger off home at half past 5 - conveniently half an hour before the 6PM deadline.
I strongly suspect Sky have done something to mess it all up. They have messed up every single step of the way from the second I tried to join them.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Crap Sad  I'll get someone looking at this immediately tomorrow.  (Linn used to work in Provisioning, so she'll probably jump straight on it)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Panic over....  BTOpenreach must be working a backshift. It's all working fine now since 10PM. Either that, or someone wanted to save face and put a rocket up 'em.
They don't like it up 'em Capt. Mainwaring sir!  Grin
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Glad it's back up and running for you!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tazmaniandevil,
I've just had a look into your account and I've popped an update on Ticket: 81611079. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. I'm glad you're now able to connect. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to let me know.
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I'm still convinced this is down to the way Sky mis-handled their original switch.  Wink
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny this 100%...Hopefully this will all be sorted out for you soon and you can then start to fully benefit from our services Smiley
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

It's all running tickety-boo at the moment. We had a short loss of service today, which I assume was when Openreach were doing their stuff.