Did you mean: 

New website total rubbish

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New website total rubbish

@JordanThompson

Thank you for turn that around quickly. Thumbs_Up

Now can we have the issue with the requested URL being used after we are redirected to the Login Page when using a direct URL? Pretty please. Smiley

Useful for people like me on static IP (and/or FTTP) who like to ensure that their "Current speed" is correct. That link has been only available by using a direct bookmark for a few years now.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JordanThompson
Dabbler

What link are you referring to exactly? 

tiffy
Rising Star

Ahh, found the link, makes much more sense, important area to be able to access.

Indeed, many thanks to Jordan for fullfilling his promise of a fix by the end of the week, well done.

Thanks also to SpendLessTime for supplying the temporary work around in the interim period.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Or alternatively report the current line speed on the Connection Details page so we don't have to rely on a URL in someone's forum signature or a personal bookmark.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
SpendLessTime
Hero

@JordanThompson

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

If you clicked that URL on the old website, it would ask you to log in and then the login page would carry on going to that URL (the requested URL).

Now the login page ignores the URL I clicked on and goes straight to the Members Centre home page after the login has succeeded.

EDIT  As Townman says below, it is more the ignoring of the originally requested URL that is at issue here.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I still can't look at tickets before 5:54pm, Monday 20 Apr 2015

This includes historic invoices.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JordanThompson wrote:

What link are you referring to exactly? 

This is not so much a specific link issue, but one of seeking to follow a link which requires user authentication to access.  Previously if one had a link to a resource which required account security verification (for example a link to a support ticket as frequently used around here) upon clicking it, the portal would verify that there is an active session and request the user to logon if there was none.  After completing verification, the user was routed direct to the original requested URL.

That all seems to be broken now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @SpendLessTime,

We have seen this on some cases, however if you click on the link again once you have initially logged in, it should take you to the ticket.

Please can you try this and get back to us with your result.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@SammyM wrote:
We have seen this on some cases, however if you click on the link again once you have initially logged in, it should take you to the ticket.

But  isn't this just achieving what @SpendLessTime reported back in post#15 by a different route?  It's still two actions where it used to be one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@SammyM

As @MauriceC has said "that is the exact work around I (spendlesstime) was advising others since the new look website went live". So thank you for pointing me in the direction of my own advice, which of course I knew.

BUT the issue is that the new website has broken the use of direct URL's as the new login page refuses to pass the user back to the requested URL. It forces you to go to the home page.

So yet again a new system this year has broken functionality which we all use. Even you and rest of the support team hand out URLs to customers directing them to a support ticket and now this will not work. And new customers will be wondering why staff are giving them a URL which doesn't work without using a big kludge.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

There is a "fix" that backward browser users may prefer:-

1. Sign-in to the member-centre
  2. Open a new tab
  3. Type the URL where you actually really wanted to go.

Wouldn't something like this be picked up during basic user testing?

Why mangle the back-end financial system & then do the same to the front-end web functionality?

Most companies wouldn't do this.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

wintrip

Now 2020 and website just as bad.

I have now been with Plusnet for 7 years but am thinking of leaving for the simple reason that THE WEBSITE IS SO BAD. I can never find the information about my account I am looking for in the place I might expect to find it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

What information do you want which you cannot find?

wintrip

I would like to know the early termination fee I would have to pay if I left now. I'm sure this information was shown in 'Account Summary' when I was on a previous contract, but it's not there now. I know there are help pages that enable you to work this out, but why should I have to do that?

I was previously paying Line Rental Saver (now paying monthly line rental as I'm planning on leaving Plusnet) but I could never find the date it was due for renewal (the only way I could find this was by looking at previous emails).