Did you mean: 

New website total rubbish

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: New website total rubbish

@SpendLessTime - Thank you for the link Smiley

Comment to PN:

This is NOT "user friendly" or intuitive - a backwards step IMHO.

Richard

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I agree it is a backward step that the login action will now disregard the requested URL.

I also regularly check my data speed as I'm on a static IP and if it changes, it does slow down my line. Again, I'm now having to login first and then click my bookmarked page to see the result.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero

Question to Plusnet,

Why have you removed the link from the main Plusnet page to Webmail? 

JordanThompson
Dabbler

Hi all,

I’m Jordan, the product manager for Member Centre at Plusnet. I’d like to thank you for the feedback so far on the redesign you’ve seen go live overnight. Over the last couple of months we’ve been working to create something that’s easier to use and provides you with the information you need. We’ve started with the pages that have the highest usage, in order to get something out quickly and to allow our customers to benefit from the new design sooner. Over the coming months we’ll continue to make changes, which will include moving more pages into the new design style and decommissioning much of the content that’s no longer relevant.

I’d appreciate your continued feedback through the Community and we’ll work hard to make things even better in the future.

Cheers

Jordan

JordanThompson
Dabbler

Hi,

You can access webmail from the email tile on the homepage. 

Email Icon.PNG

Thanks

Jordan 

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@SpendLessTime wrote:

First log into the members centre and then paste the URL https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search into the address bar. You must be logged in now as the login act takes you to the home page regardless of your starting URL.

Thank you. I may have missed something, somewhere, while trying the new site but I couldn't find any way of getting to tickets without knowing this. Given the significance of tickets to the way Plusnet operates, that seems a serious weakness in the design of the new website.

pseudonoise
Dabbler

I'm having problems with my billing (direct debit not being taken after renewing Line Rental Saver) and Plusnet have been un-responsive taking typically 45m to answer the phone and then politely telling me that they don't understand the billing issue or when it will be resolved.Iit is all very frustrating as I worry about being cut-off because of non-payment due to Plusnet's  ineptitude

I have to check the Help Assistant daily to see if there is any progress with this issue. Today the Help Assistant was no where to be found  - thanks to non Plusnet staff on this friendly community a workaround was found. 

I was particularly unimpressed with Jordan's statement "We’ve started with the pages that have the highest usage, in order to get something out quickly and to allow our customers to benefit from the new design sooner"

You should ensure the highest value and impact pages (such as the Help Assistant) work as these pages are sometimes the only way issues with service can be addressed and tracked effectively.

I not interested in how rapidly I can experience a new customer interface when it has not adequately tested,  has key basic features missing and focuses on style rather than functionally.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

@JordanThompson I'm really not trying to be obtuse but can you provide a link to the page where the email is please as I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Ok got it now thanks.

JordanThompson
Dabbler

No worries Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Why are the default font sizes so excessively large?  16px seems excessive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JordanThompson wrote:

Hi,

You can access webmail from the email tile on the homepage. 

Email Icon.PNG

Thanks

Jordan 

That tile does not answer "find out more" but links straight to Webmail.

That tile (as entitled) should link to the Email help pages.  I rather think that a link to the webmail service should be in the "header" block as it used to be please … and clearly marked Webmail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@JordanThompson

Okay thanks for that. 

I didn't see it when I logged in. Or if I did I assumed it must have been to manage my email which would make more sense in the circumstances.

But it does seem silly having to login to the members centre, click on an icon and then have to log into the Webmail.

So 2 logins to get to one page.

Bit of overkill really.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The ticket history doesn't seem to be available before April 2015.

Is this deliberate?

The ticket history includes old-system invoices.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

JordanThompson
Dabbler

Hi,

This wasn't deliberate and our team are working on a fix as we speak. 

Thanks

Jordan

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Another, probably long standing, 'bug':-

Text encoding:- windows-1252

The Community website uses the more correct value of UTF-8.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."