Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New way to handle cases with OpenReach

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

New way to handle cases with OpenReach

On 9th December OpenReach are launching a new self service function:
[quote=http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen07313.do]GEN073/13 Raise a Case - A NEW SELF SERVICE FUNCTION.
19/11/2013   For Information
This briefing, outlining the new self-service function is for all Communications Providers.
Openreach would like to draw your attention to new functionality, which will help you manage your issues and service requests.
What is it?
It is a new self-service that will allow Customers to open, amend or request closure of an issue and to track progress; service requests can be managed in the same way.
What do I need to do?
Please download the training pack and familiarise your teams with new process.
How do I use the functionality?
Log on to Openreach Portal and navigate to the Customer IT Zone, then click on the 'request a system related issue'. From there you will be presented with new functionality, follow the prompts on screen to raise your case.
Where can I get further information?
A training pack has been written and placed on the Customer IT zone. This contains full instructions illustrating the new process. The link is here http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/customerzone/ciz/home.do
Download the document "Incident Management Tool".
You will only require your standard Openreach Portal user ID and password to access this page.
Launch Date.
The service is due to launch on 9 December 2013. If you are have difficulty using the service you can obtain assistance by calling the Openreach Service Desk.
Will Plusnet be using this and will they be geared up ready with all the relevant staff trained for the 9th?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New way to handle cases with OpenReach

Will Plusnet be using this and will they be geared up ready with all the relevant staff trained for the 9th?

I don't believe so but I will do some digging, it's worth bearing in mind that type of context the term "customers" as used by BTW or OR usually refers to service providers rather than customer's such as yourself who are usually "end users"
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team