cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet

michaelgr223

New to Plusnet

Just joined PlusNet a bit confused on dates they start services. Text saying they will start broadband on the 12-12-13 but actually started on the 11-12-13, phone service will start on the 27-12-13 surely the dates should be the same am getting a bit confused especially the billing side of it, surely the services should all start on the same day, any body help. No complaints on the service at the moment, but I wonder if it is going to be the same when the phone gets changed over and BT decide to cut all ties with me.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New to Plusnet

Hi there,
Regarding the date of activation, this is the messaging still in place from ADSL installs which don't usually require an engineer. The date after is advised because the orders can complete at any time up to midnight on the activation date, hence the day after being used to set expectation correctly. We are currently working on a project to update all our automated communications though, particularly around the order process.
As for the dates of phone and broadband provision being the same, unfortunately we can't arrange for a simultaneous provide to be done where a service is being migrated in (as yours was). This is why we've done the broadband migration first, now that's complete I can see we've also placed the order for the phone service.
Hope that helps explain.
michaelgr223

It answers part of the query with regards dates for activation, but appears to me a complication in billing will come into play broadband and phone should be the same dates at least BT did have the same contract dates. At the present moment I am beginning to wonder whether or not I have made a mistake as I have problems at the moment even contacting you on the phone have been cut off 3 times and at the present moment have been on hold for 25 minutes, quite poor service.
JaneC
Dabbler

As all Plusnet staff are clearly busy tied up on the rapid response phone lines (oops - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!) I might be able to answer the other part of your query. If I remember rightly, when I moved to Plusnet the broadband and phone moved on different dates, but this came out in the wash on the first bill, i.e say your first bill falls on Jan 15th, it will show something like "broadband 11/12/13 to 15/01/14, phone 27/12/13 to 15/01/14" then in Feb it'll all be on the same dates. Hope that helps - now any chance you know when my phone line will be working again?  Grin
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: JaneC
As all Plusnet staff are clearly busy tied up on the rapid response phone lines (oops - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!)

The PN staff who frequent these forums work Mon-Fri...
JaneC
Dabbler

Nice work if you can get it  Cool
jim:quote