cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation exprience

nzrick

New installation exprience

Today I expected to have fibre installed and when the router failed to arrive, I contacted Plusnet to see if they had dispatched it. Turns out that not only was it not dispatched but they failed to book the engineer, or transfer the line from my existing provider.
I ordered the service on 26th (+- 2days) so the 8th was quite a long wait, but now I have to wait until the 17th. So not only do I have to wait another 10days, but my existing service will cost me an additional months fee (if they don't cut it today), plus another day off work.
Plusnet has no checks in place on new orders to make sure things are progressing properly. They have of course managed to setup the Direct Debit but not the service. The person I spoke to stated this isn't a one off. So if you have a order I suggest to contact them to make sure it's booked in, as the website and emails confirmations can not be trusted.
Pretty poor Plusnet!
p.s.
15min on hold to speak to someone, total phone time 45 mins.
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New installation exprience

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
Unfortunately we can't speed the order up as your transferring from another provider.
We have to give 10 days for orders to progress in cases like these.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nzrick

Thanks for your reply, but it's a bit confusing. You have had over 12 days already, and I notified my old provider prior to placing the order. Also the person I spoke to said it was booking the engineer that was the issue, a new booking wasn't available until the 17th. I don't use my landline, so don't particularly care if that transfers after the internet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: Matthew
We have to give 10 days for orders to progress in cases like these.

More to the point OFCOM dictate that there has to be a 10 day period to confirm the user's intent to switch so as to prevent users being slammed by less than honest providers.
Quote from: nzrick
I don't use my landline, so don't particularly care if that transfers after the internet.

Depending on who your present supplier is, there might be no choice.  For example, if you are on a LLU service, then the line and the BB need to transfer simultaneously, as PlusNet cannot provide BB whilst your phone circuit is on LLU.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@nzrick
The orders weren't placed due to a system issue and the 10 days are linked to when the orders are first placed rather then when you sign up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nzrick

Hi,
Can you please confirm that the engineer is still coming on Monday to install my Fibre. Yes I have had email and text confirmation, but I had those last time and no engineer was booked. I've tried your phone line, but your wait times are terrible, and your online chat is only for new sales (surprise no wait time here)
Thanks
Rick
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Yes, we're all booked in for Monday PM. Fingers crossed.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
nzrick

thanks for your quick reply and update. Was hoping for a bit more reassurance than fingers crossed. Guess we will see.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

My appointment was overlooked, as I remember, and I remember saying exactly the same. I felt penalised by the system having waited in for an engineer who didn't arrive and who I'd expected to bring the router (subsequently dispatched). As I was already with PlusNet on ADSL2+ (?) it didn't involve extra expense.
Still, I know how you feel, and its not pleasant, is it.
Good Luck with your new Fibre connection, I think you'll be suitably impressed!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for the lack of enthusiasm there.
Well I'd never guarantee an engineer to the door, as there are too many variables to suggest otherwise. However your order is in the same position as the hundreds (thousands?) of orders that get successfully provisioned every week. There is nothing to say that there will be any further problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
nzrick

Update: My install was booked between 1-6pm yesterday. At 1pm my phone was disconnected. At approx 4pm the engineer arrived and approx 1hr later was all done. Engineer was very good, and helpful and double checked everything prior to leaving. So 2 weeks later and 1 extra day off work than expected I'm all go. Speeds/ping are good.Thanks to all who helped/contributed.