cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer.

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: New customer.

@dustymil:  It does sound like a catalogue of errors from your point of view, which I appreciate is frustrating.  However, in my experience, migrating from TalkTalk can be a very lengthy process as they frequently resist any action to migrate lines away from themselves.
Hopefully, once the service is provisioned you can look forward to a much better service.
However, if you're only getting 3Mbps on your connection, when previously TalkTalk could supply 10 that doesn't bode very well for an ADSL2+ migration.  If you would like to start your own thread in the Broadband Speed board, then some of the knowledgeable people here could advise you on how to get the most out of your connection.  Include a full set of router stats and we will be able to advise.
Cheers
B.
Mand
Grafter

@torbayguy, the payment will be taken when we activate your account, which is currently looking to be 01/04/10.
@dustymil59, I hope after our conversation you feel a little more confident, I'd be happy to help further where I can.
torbayguy
Grafter

Ok Mand thankyou.
torbayguy
Grafter

I contacted PN to ask why my router hasent been ordered yet, as Im due to be activated on 1st April.
This is the reply:
Thank you for your query. Once the order has been placed the router will be ordered, you should receive a notification by text message when the broadband order is in place and the router should be delivered just before or on the completion date.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,

I take it this means my broadband hasent actually been ordered then?
Mand said on this thread that my Broadband had been ordered?
Confused!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi torbayguy,
We're currently chasing to get an engineer out for you on the 1st to connect your phone line and should be confirming that today. Unfortunately we need to wait for that to complete before we're able to order the broadband I'm afraid, the lead time for that will be 5-7 days from the order being placed.
I'm sorry for the delay.
torbayguy
Grafter

Ok, I had a phone call yesterday from PN, saying there had been another almighty cock up with my order!
It seems the number port request was done incorrectly, atleast thats what I was told, which meant BT gave a reference number to Plusnet, from my old supplier, but it related to a completely different ISP I have never had dealings with (explain that!!).
Now, apparantly BT say I dont have a phoneline in my house.
Funny that, because I have 2 phone sockets, both were fitted by BT about a year ago, and yes, they work fine!!
So, instead of simply porting my number from tiscali, and transfering service from them to plusnet, I have been told a BT engineer MUST visit my home, to fit a new phoneline, then connecting it up at the exchange!!
So, I have to take a day off of work, for an appoinment that isnt needed, to let the BT engineer come into my home, look at the phone socket, and say 'but you already have a phoneline?'
Then go to the exchange a connect it.
And before anybody says it, there are no faults with my line!!
Now, the chap told me plusnet will waive the £49.99 connection fee as a good will gesture...
To blimmin right they will, are Im off to talktalk!!

Now on top of that, the promise made to me on this very thread by Mand, that my BB will be connected at the same time, has been broken.
Apparantly, as I 'need' a new line my BB wont be activated for 5-7 days.
Thats another week I have to phone work to get my next days assignments, instead of email, costing me money on my mobile.
All in all, Plusnet, I have gone from a very happy new customer, to a VERY unhappy new customer, in the space of a couple days!!
If you read my threads, you will see I have had nothing but problems from day 1.
I dont know if its Plusnet, BT or Tiscali at fault, or a combination of the three, however what I do know, is that it is costing me time and money.
torbayguy
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Hi torbayguy,
We're currently chasing to get an engineer out for you on the 1st to connect your phone line and should be confirming that today. Unfortunately we need to wait for that to complete before we're able to order the broadband I'm afraid, the lead time for that will be 5-7 days from the order being placed.
I'm sorry for the delay.

On this very thread you will see that Mand has said the broadband has ALREADY been ordered!!!
That was a week ago!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi torbayguy,
Hopefully our conversation will have clarified things somewhat.
I'd just like to apologise once again for the confusion and delay.
torbayguy
Grafter

Hi Mand,
thanks for the phone call.
My phoneline was connected this morning, the bt guy said as he had a spare couple of hours, due to not needing to install a phoneline at my address  ;);) he would check all exterior cabling.
So he replaced the cabling from my main socket to the telegraph pole, then checked all connections from there to the exchange.
He said the line is about half a mile long, from my address to the exchange, and in perfect condition, so should give good results with broadband.
He also said he is with plusnet and highly recommends the company, which is good news!!
One thing though, the caller display isnt active?
Anyway, thanks for your help Mand, Im happy again...  Cheesy Cheesy
Just got to get the broadband running!