Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

Animasu
Dabbler

New customer

Hi
Just signed up for plusnet a few days ago and so far so good! The signup seemed painless and the 'Order tracker' is sending me crazy, so all seems okay!
I did get a little worried regarding a MAC key which I couldn't get due to just moving into a new flat and having a brand new line, I have been told by PN they will sort this though, so providing this is the case, everything should be fine!
Hopefully in the next few days I'll be replying to this saying its installed, working and everything is okay. Don't let me down PN  Wink
- J
11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: New customer

Welcome to the forums Animasu, glad all is well so far Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sharpyuk
Grafter

Welcome Animasu,
I am sure all will go well,  i migrated a few weeks back without any issues Smiley
Animasu
Dabbler

Thank you aliewoo and sharpyuk Smiley
@sharpyuk - Thats good to hear, hopefully it'll be the same here Tongue
Animasu
Dabbler

Well a day earlier than expected and its installed! Working! and seems to be faster than virgins cable service! Smiley Thanks PN!
Mand
Grafter

Good to hear. Smiley
Welcome to Plusnet.
KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: Animasu
Well a day earlier than expected and its installed! Working! and seems to be faster than virgins cable service! Smiley Thanks PN!

What are the speeds, Animasu ? Could you be so kind to post them here ?
KJ
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well mine is Synch 8128 profile 7150 download about 6500 and plain ADSL, but so what
Animasu
Dabbler

Sorry it took a while! heres the results from speedtest.net

and pingtest.net

It was during peak times and my line can only hand 5mb/s so its more than adequet!
- Animasu
KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
well mine is Synch 8128 profile 7150 download about 6500 and plain ADSL, but so what

I am trying to understand why you have a synch of 8128 and a 7150 download. If all the theories that are been said on my post here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84001.0.html then you must live right next to the exchange or live on the Plusnet premises. On top you have ADSL Max ? Really strange. The people that I speak to, none of them have ever reached that high speeds there.
If you are going to say you live more than 5 km from the exchange than I could not believe you if the case is that what all the pundits saying here is true. Unless you have fiber optics from your exchange to your front door. Or you are the only one that is on a 155 mb/s pipe.
KJ
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Cant you read  synch 8128 profile 7150 my line of site distance is 750 metre
matt_2k34
Grafter

Welcome Animasu!
I Hope you enjoy your time on the forums, feel free to ask all and any questions - theres plenty of knowledgable people here more than happy to help! Smiley