cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer (migrating from Virgin ADSL) some information required please

Moominfish
Grafter

New customer (migrating from Virgin ADSL) some information required please

I've just signed up to your Plusnet Premium ADSL package due to my current ISP having issues and I read here http://www.broadbanddeals.org.uk/plusnet/plusnet-4-months-free-broadband that you were offering 4 months free broadband until the 29th of March so I jumped on that bandwagon and set the ball rolling as it were! Now I put in the code 4months when I was entering payment details and it said code accepted but how does this 4 months free offer work? Because it also said I would be charged the 1st months line rental of £11.99 when the line was activated (but if I'm going to be receiving the service free for the first 4 months it shouldn't cost anything should it?) I also read here http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2010/03/17/uk-isp-plusnet-preparing-new-broadband-packages-for-apri... about your new packages from the 12th of April 2010.
Now I have a few questions about this as it says "customers who order an existing package before 29th March will get a price freeze for the next 12 months" but the Plusnet Extra package (which it says replaces the Premium package) will cost £11.49 a month (presumably that's the price for a new user?) and then £17.99 after the 1st 3 months, so does that mean if someone signs up to your existing Premium package which currently stands (without the 4 months free offer) at £11.99 a month for the 1st 3 months then £19.99 after that will have the price frozen at the current price of £19.99 (because they signed up for the service before the 29th of March) effectively paying £24 more per year than the new pricing charge of the Extra/Currently Premium package OR from the 12th of April 2010 will they pay £17.99 instead of £19.99?
Also it says regarding Plusnet Extra (replaces Premium)
* Market 1 & 2 £11.49 for 3 months, then £17.99 after
* Market 3 £11.49
* 60GB of usage allowance between 8am – Midnight
So who would be in Market 1 & 2 and who would be Market 3? All very confusing to say the least and this 60GB of usage allowance between 8am - Midnight surely can't be 60Gb every single day! It has to be a monthly figure much like the 80Gb allowance that's currently in effect right?
And last but not least if I wanted to theoretically cancel BEFORE activation and stay with my current ISP is that possible? Please don't shoot me for asking I'm just keeping my options open that's all OR just seeing what options are actually available to me IF I changed my mind (which i'm not) And can someone please clarify what exactly all the below means which I read here http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#_Toc161080445 in section 13
13. Cancelling before the service is activated, or under Distance Selling regulations
1.1 Any non-business service from Plusnet, under Distance Selling regulations, can be cancelled, without penalty, within 7 working days.
•For a broadband activation, the 7 day period starts on the day the line is installed, but if the service is used at any time the right to cancel is lost.
•For supplied equipment, the 7 day period starts from the day after the equipment is received. We will not pay the postage costs for the return of the equipment in these circumstances.

2.Any third-party costs associated with activation of the line will still be payable (such as partial or full activation fee). These costs are applied to us by our supplier.
•If the request to cancel the line is received within 48 hours of the date it is due to be installed, the full cost of the line will be payable.
•A sliding scale is used to determine how much is payable if the cancellation request is received more than 48 hours before the line is due to be installed.

Sorry for all the questions so early on but I just want to clarify everything so I know what exactly is happening with my new account now and when the new pricing structure comes into effect.
Thank you
1 REPLY 1
Mand
Grafter

Re: New customer (migrating from Virgin ADSL) some information required please

Quote from: Moominfish
I've just signed up to your Plusnet Premium ADSL package due to my current ISP having issues and I read here http://www.broadbanddeals.org.uk/plusnet/plusnet-4-months-free-broadband that you were offering 4 months free broadband until the 29th of March so I jumped on that bandwagon and set the ball rolling as it were! Now I put in the code 4months when I was entering payment details and it said code accepted but how does this 4 months free offer work? Because it also said I would be charged the 1st months line rental of £11.99 when the line was activated (but if I'm going to be receiving the service free for the first 4 months it shouldn't cost anything should it?)

The discount is applied when you're first billed, so you will get the 4 months free, don't worry about that. Smiley
Now I have a few questions about this as it says "customers who order an existing package before 29th March will get a price freeze for the next 12 months" but the Plusnet Extra package (which it says replaces the Premium package) will cost £11.49 a month (presumably that's the price for a new user?) and then £17.99 after the 1st 3 months, so does that mean if someone signs up to your existing Premium package which currently stands (without the 4 months free offer) at £11.99 a month for the 1st 3 months then £19.99 after that will have the price frozen at the current price of £19.99 (because they signed up for the service before the 29th of March) effectively paying £24 more per year than the new pricing charge of the Extra/Currently Premium package OR from the 12th of April 2010 will they pay £17.99 instead of £19.99?

Customers who sign up before 29th March will have their existing *ongoing* price frozen, so this will be £15.99 or £19.99 on Premium depending on your market area.
Extra is a different product, with a different usage allowance.
Also it says regarding Plusnet Extra (replaces Premium)
* Market 1 & 2 £11.49 for 3 months, then £17.99 after
* Market 3 £11.49
* 60GB of usage allowance between 8am – Midnight
So who would be in Market 1 & 2 and who would be Market 3? All very confusing to say the least and this 60GB of usage allowance between 8am - Midnight surely can't be 60Gb every single day! It has to be a monthly figure much like the 80Gb allowance that's currently in effect right?

Market areas are defined here. The 60GB is a monthly allowance, but usage between midnight and 8am is not counted.
And last but not least if I wanted to theoretically cancel BEFORE activation and stay with my current ISP is that possible? Please don't shoot me for asking I'm just keeping my options open that's all OR just seeing what options are actually available to me IF I changed my mind (which i'm not) And can someone please clarify what exactly all the below means which I read here http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#_Toc161080445 in section 13

You can cancel without paying anything from 7 days of signing up.