Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer 1 month on...

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: New customer 1 month on...

You need to leave it when it's connecvted - all the lights lit and steady, for 15 minutes or so for the TR-069 system to configure your username and password. You can do this manually.  Your username will end with  @plusnet.dsl  and the password is the same as the one you use to login to the Member Centre.
Changing filters will have absolutely no affect on this, that is your ADSL part of the connection and if the Broadband light is steady you should leave it alone. The side on the connection affected by your username etc is the Internet or PPP side and if the Internet light is green, it may be flashing green if data is passing then things should become ok.
Edit: Forgot to add, you MUST connect to your router by ethernet cable to configure it manually at the start.
Siddy
Grafter

I have left it for 15,  20, 30 minutes all night and...  No Internet.
I have just left it since this post and no broadband light came on with the other microfilter.  I'm retrying  with the same microfilter for another 30 minutes then I'm going back to the filer that had a bb connection to see what happens.
After that I'm going out and it will be left for a few hours if it don't work then I'm cancelling the contract.
Anotherone
Champion

Are you using the filters and cable that came with the modem.router?
In any event if the broadband light does not go steady green, it ought to have been flashing at some point.
BTW if the Broadband light on the modem/router doesn't go green this won't be Plusnet's fault, it will be some issue at the exchange or with your line.
I take it you have dial tone on the phone, is the line quiet - try the Quiet Line Test 17070 option2.
Siddy
Grafter

Yep using everything that was sent via plusnet seeing as that's all I have other than either net cables.
TThis is my routine.
Close browser
Turn router off,  back on
Wait 20minites (how long an episode of two and a half men lasts)
Look at router broadband light is green Internet is out
Open browser try Internet get router login screen
Enter details - wrong combination even though they are correct (hell I've tried copying and pasting the password)
Return to step 1.
Line test,  heard nothing.
Now  I'm trying the supplied ethernet  call as I'm that fed up
Anotherone
Champion

OK, first tip, stop turning off the modem/router and don't reboot it either. You loose sync with the exchange (the Broadband connection) and the exchange will thing you have an unstable connection and may slow it to try and stabilise it.
Just leave it on and connected, something needs to be checked out as to whether it's all been properly activated at the exchange, Openreach/BTw may have fouled up.
Connect to it with an ethernet cable for the time being. Once it's all up and running you should be able to use your wireless OK.
Siddy
Grafter

Thanks for the help another one,  but I'm getting nowhere. I've just tried the cable and I'm still stuck on the router login screen all I get told is wrong details entered. The only time I've got in the router is when the routers Internet light was green since it blacked out its wrong details. 
The bb light is green but getting nowhere other than a screen I can not pass.
It's like the router login is tied into the Internet light no Internet so details are wrong. Makes no sense.
Anotherone
Champion

You realise your router login details are different from your broadband login details just to be clear. The router default login is admin and the password is the serial number.
Anyway the Internet light will not be green without things being correctly activated at the Exchange and Plusnet. So even if you login to the router there won't be a lot you can do really apart from maybe put your own broadband login details into it ready but it might sort of ignore that if it's not got an Internet PPP session.
I'm sure Dan or someone will come and look at this for you.
Siddy
Grafter

Yep I realise I'm entering admin  and then CP....  And getting nowhere I'm calling them now as I've had enough of it nothing but problems and issues.

As I said I'm sure Dan will be here shortly.
Siddy
Grafter

Thanks for help anotherone, got it sorted via calling them, the router needed to be restarted as it was entering the wrong details for the internet connection.
I was going to say i was going to do this but u said to stop rebooting it oh well least im up and running now, thansk again for taking the time to respond.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh well, I wonder how it got it's knickers in a twist then, at least it's sorted, but do be careful with rebooting and switching on and off, it's the quickest way to foul up the connection to the exchange.
A lot depends on how good your connection actually is - if your do a copy and paste of the DSL stats using your cursor on this page http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0 ; (you'll get the login screen first) we can say what it's like.
Siddy
Grafter

noticing issues already dropped to downloads twice now.  Embarrassed
Uptime: 0 days, 0:27:42
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.3
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 987 / 4,687
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 12.18 / 480.53
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.7 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 32.3 / 51.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.6 / 5.4
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 260 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 8 / 591
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 5 / 97
Anotherone
Champion

Obviously some way from the exchange, you will need to look after your connection. The speed is good for your distance from the exchange so that's something. The connection itself hasn't dropped according to those stats, check that you are on the best wireless channel or that the signal is strong enough.
A few other basic checks - you've said the phone line is nice and quiet, no crackling or other strange noises - are you plugged in to your master socket and do you have any extension sockets. If you have extensions, is everything that's plugged into them connected via a filter, and is you phone corded or cordless.
Siddy
Grafter

I have no idea how far away from exchange i am, most people by me are on EE or Virgin (who i just left due to higher costs) i did a speed test and it said around 3mb, maybe updating my streaming device and downloading 2 files is too much? *shrugs*
As for wireless the router is about less than 5 foot away from me at moment left it all as default and i have full bars i also only have one BT and Virgin/NTL line in the house so yes using the master socket.
I'll report back later anyway i have alot to download after a month MIA.
Anotherone
Champion

OK catch you again, good luck Smiley