cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Users get Unlimited Broadband for FREE - why not current Customers

Buddy1234567

New Users get Unlimited Broadband for FREE - why not current Customers

I suppose that Plusnet does not intend to encourage existing customers to stay with them as I have not got any indication that Plusnet is going to upgrade my account to that for new customers who will now automatically get unlimited broadband.
I am stuck with a 60 Gbyte limit.
The connections problems I have mean I will probably leave Plus Net next May and probably go back to Sky. This seems a poor way to treat existing customers who are continually experiencing failures in connection.
If anything I suspect a better approach by Plusnet would be to see my contract as a promise of a MINIMUM service that they guarantee.
Also when they lose your connection it would have been good to get a day's unlimited connection but I suppose they are acknowledging this by moving towards unlimited connection for all customers.
Come om Plus Net pull yours socks up! Roll_eyes
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: New Users get Unlimited Broadband for FREE - why not current Customers

No, you're not, you can change to Unlimited too. Assuming you're in a Market 3 area it's £9.99/month if you contract for 12 months or £12.49/month on a monthly basis.
See here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.0.html and the faq here http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Timalay
Grafter

Not quite.  I'm on the old fibre extra (250gb usage) package (signed up in November, but only connected yesterday).  I asked about changing over to unlimited 1 month into the extra package, and stipulation was I had to sign a new 18 month contract (which is fine only being 1 month in).
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sorry, I was assuming the OP was on the normal adsl Extra account as they were quoting a 60Gb limit. Yes, you're correct Fibre involves starting a new 18 month contract. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Buddy1234567

No you are not - go to to http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade It will probably ask you to log in then click the Change my products button. From there you will be able to choose unlimited contracted or non-contracted (ignore the speed estimates - there's a known bug that means incorrect speeds are shown). The change will be made on your next billing date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Timalay
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Sorry, I was assuming the OP was on the normal adsl Extra account as they were quoting a 60Gb limit. Yes, you're correct Fibre involves starting a new 18 month contract. 

I didn't mean he was, I was just using my example.