cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Price Change Summary ??

ramissin
Grafter

New Price Change Summary ??

Is there a summary of the new price hike anywhere?.....as in ...
"Hello valued plusnet customer, currently you pay £XX.XX a month for your service, after the hike you will pay £XX.XX per month ?
I'm currently on the Anytime International 300 with Mobile deal, as far as I can tell the increase will be £1.50 a month, £1 for line rental + £0.50p for the Anytime International 300.
What I can't seem to find out is how or if the "mobile" feature will be affected in anyway.
tia
dick:blue Typo fixed.
7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New Price Change Summary ??

You can see all the changes here
https://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: ramissin
"Hello valued plusnet customer, currently you pay £XX.XX a month for your service, after the hike you will pay £XX.XX per month ?

No, it'll be more like: We've invested a lot of money (followed by some stuff). To improve your experience and service and continue making these investments we make to improve your service we are charging you more.
Followed by a paragraph listing of what PlusNet do which is still good. Such as 24/7 CS. Oh wait, that's not the case anymore is it? Roll_eyes
Just had one of those from Sky saying they're upping my subscription by £3.50 which is quite a lot when you think about it.
dick:blue Typo in quote fixed.
ramissin
Grafter

Yup....standard, all I want is a summary, a grand total of what I will be paying, I couldn't care less about the reasons why as it's not in my control, just a simple summary without having to click around and find it.
Seems it's too much to ask.
....standard.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well they don't say you are paying xxx now:
Here is the full email.
We're really proud our customers are so happy with Plusnet that we lead the market when it comes to customer satisfaction* - and we want to make sure that you keep on getting this award-winning service. We're continuing to invest in our services and we now have even more people, all based in the UK, to provide support online or on the phone.
Our customers are now doing more than ever before online - streaming movies, downloading music, gaming and shopping, so we've continued to invest in our network and this year alone have doubled our capacity. We've introduced new products too, like our new YouView TV from Plusnet service, launched earlier this year.
But even we have to raise our prices from time to time, so on 2nd September 2015, we're making some changes to our home phone pricing and call charges. The cost of our monthly line rental will increase to £16.99 a month, and you can see the changes listed below.
Are you making the most of your Plusnet package?
Did you know that, as a Plusnet Unlimited Fibre broadband customer, you can now receive our brand new YouView TV from Plusnet**? To add YouView TV to your current package or to find out more about what's on offer, click here.

Our updated home phone and call packages
Here are the changes happening to our home phone and call packages. To remind yourself of which plan you're on, you can log in to Member Centre.
•   Monthly Line Rental - £16.99 a month
    With your current inclusive Evening and Weekend‡ calls package to UK landlines1, 0845 and 0870 numbers.
•   Anytime Calls† - £6.00 a month
    Free calls to UK landlines, 0845/0870 numbers any time of the day or night
•   Anytime International - £7.50 a month
    300 inclusive minutes to our top 35 international destinations~. Anytime calls to UK landlines, 0845 and 0870 numbers.
All our call plans include FREE calls to Plusnet phone customers
We're also making some changes to our call rates, postage & packing and other charges. Find out
more here.

Save money with Line Rental Saver
Line Rental Saver saves you money on your phone bill when you pay 12 months line rental in advance. The charge for taking or renewing Line Rental Saver on or after 2nd September 2015 will be £185.88, equivalent to £15.49 a month, this equates to a saving of £18 a year.
Recommend Plusnet and save money off your monthly bill
Why not recommend Plusnet to your family and friends and join the thousands of people saving money on their bills every month? You could earn up to £1.25 per month for each person you refer, for as long as they are Plusnet customers. It's really simple to do, just let them know your username and ask them to quote it when they sign up online or over the phone. There's no limit to how many people you can refer, so there's no limit to how much you can earn!
What happens next?
We hope you're happy with Plusnet's award-winning products and services, but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we won't apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days' notice.^ The changes will come into effect from 2nd September 2015, and you don't need to do a thing. You'll see the new charges on your first bill after that date.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with award-winning customer service and of course, doing you proud.

Kind regards,
David Leather
Chief Operating Officer, Plusnet

So I can opt to pay £185 upfront saving a whole £18 a year, no thanks. Not with others offering line rental from <£10/mo.
Alex
Community Veteran

Essentially a much longer version of what I said - it didn't surprise me really.
Maybe someone should ring CS at 3am and complain?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

No good they only answer the phone till 10 now.
Alex
Community Veteran

Yep - that was my point Grin
By the sounds of it, from what I've read here, you'd have to call in by 9 to have a chance of your call being answered by 10.