cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet user is sooooooooo happy!

zippyzappy
Grafter

New Plusnet user is sooooooooo happy!

'We'll do you proud' is the plusnet catch phrase and in my case plusnet did just that .... and more. Absolutely excellent service. From placing the super value phone line plus broadband order I have been kept informed about progress by text, email and Order Tracker on my plusnet online account page. Everything plusnet said they would do was done with no hitch whatsoever ......... I am extremely impressed. Not only that but I was offline for only a few hours during the changeover from Orange ....... AND I got my connection a full day and a half before the advised time.  Grin
You can't get better than that ....... hats off to you plusnet and many thanks for a perfect service.
Now I'm a happy plusnetter!!  Cheesy

Anne Smiley  Smiley
For anyone with a PC .......... make sure you check your Network Card if you have one installed. I have a 802.11g card and although plusnet works perfectly with that card it's worth replacing/upgrading to a 802.11n Network Card since that is what plusnet uses and you'll get faster speeds. I'm awaiting my n card which I ordered on ebay last week. (cost £11.00).
15 REPLIES 15
picbits
Rising Star

Re: New Plusnet user is sooooooooo happy!

Welcome to the community. I also had a very good experience with Plusnet.
You'll read a lot of users with issues on here but then more people join these support forums to complain or talk about their issues than people like you and me who have had a good experience Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: zippyzappy
'We'll do you proud' is the plusnet catch phrase and in my case plusnet did just that
You can't get better than that ....... hats off to you plusnet and many thanks for a perfect service.
Now I'm a happy plusnetter!!  Cheesy

Anne Smiley  Smiley

As are many of us, the silent majority.
  Cool
zippyzappy
Grafter

Thanks for the welcome Dom (Not Dom of the telly is it????? :D)
I read a lot of negative reviews on other sites about plusnet before signing up but from my experience they don't stand up.
I'm very please with the service and I can't fault it, so, 10/10 for plusnet as far as I'm concerned

Anne  Smiley

& PlusComUK ......... Thanks for your comment ........... the silent majority should voice their opinions more.  Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I read a lot of negative reviews on other sites about plusnet before signing up but from my experience they don't stand up.
Its a classic tale of YMMV. Welcome aboard Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
zippyzappy
Grafter

Thank you for your welcome Steve_M ........................ excuse my ignorance, but what is YMMV (I don't text)  Embarrassed
picbits
Rising Star

Not "the" Dom off the telly I'm afraid although I've been on the telly (and radio) a few times  Cheesy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

what is YMMV
Literally means "Your mileage may vary" but is often used in forum talk meaning that your results will vary.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Steve_M
Its a classic tale of YMMV. Welcome aboard Smiley

Thank you for your welcome Steve_M ........................ excuse my ignorance, but what is YMMV (I don't text)  Embarrassed

Literally, "Your Mileage May Vary," coming from the small print in (American?) automobile commercials in the 70's and 80's.

It has come to mean an acknowledgement that the opinion of the poster may not be shared by everyone.
zippyzappy
Grafter

Thanks for your reply picbits. Smiley

& Steve_M & PlusComUK ........... Cheers! I find acronyms a real pain in the butt!
Harro
Grafter

Im one of you people that is totally happy with plusnet, had it installed yesterday.  Speed is excellent, hopefully many happy years with good speeds  Wink
P.S.  My BT engineer was good aswell, came about 9:30am and had it all installed in about 30 mins.
zippyzappy
Grafter

Thanks for your reply  Harro ........... happy customers always welcome in this thread!  Smiley
zippyzappy
Grafter

A month in and everything  is going very smoothly.  Smiley
Today I received an email from Plusnet telling me how much I owe for the first month and when the direct debit will be taken out. Now, that is something I appreciate very much, an email 5 days before payment is due and how much it is ...... AND, it was exactly as I worked it out to be.
I got to say, I'm well satisfied with Plusnet!!  Cool
20/10 so far!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post about that zippyzappy, glad to see you're happy Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Hi zippy zappy, glad you're still happy. I was amazed that yesterday I received a reminder from PN that my line saver rebate payment was up for renewal. My first year with Plusnet, totally trouble free, including my upgrade to fibre half way through. Long may it continue.  Roll_eyes