cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Members Should Not Leave Feedback

Steve
Seasoned Pro

New Members Should Not Leave Feedback

I have read a lot lately on this forum where we have people who are posting in the feedback area and leaving very poor and negative feedback with no real ground to go on,i suggest that no one should be allowed to leave this kind of feedback till they at least have say 200 posts racked up.Its good for business and its easy on the eye for new customers,same even if someone wants to leave positive feedback,this way they have time to get a feel of the service as a whole.
Some system should be set in place like this as it would make the forum a lot friendlier and nicer to view and they have knowledge that feedbacks coming from honest,genuine,customers with no irrational heat of the moment threads.
Ah yes it will also be a blessing for all you moderators out there! Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
43 REPLIES 43
Lurker
Grafter

Re: New Members Should Not Leave Feedback

Censorship?
Not sure that really fits with the idea of this place.
Perhaps a better idea would be to prevent people feeling aggrieved in the first place.
Even if it is simply a case of a customer not understanding something - some responsibility has to lie with PN for communicating more effectively.
Can't see a case to support preventing people being negative for any period of time.
Unless I've misunderstood, and you want people to not be able to post *any* feedback, but again, it simply prevents PN from hearing where they can improve.
pies
Grafter

So i either have to say nothing ever or post 199 replys saying how good pn are before i can say what i like Angry
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@pies no thats not the idea,but if you had say a good ranking then you would have new members probably listening to what you have to say,and it would be genuine,rather than someone who has ten posts and makes terrible threads,same for positive feedback
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: pies
say what i like Angry

Not exactly. It has to be legal, decent, honest and truthful but apart from that, yes Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pies
Grafter

sorry thats what i meant
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Some people don't and amply demonstrate the fact Shocked Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I understand that plusnet welcomes all feedback and this is a very good approach,but the more i read these threads the more rubbish i read and its usually from people with 20 posts or less,a goal of two hundred before leaving feedback gives them enough time to work their problems out in other sections rather than just simply going straight for the kill.
Edit.. That goes for the positive feedback aswell
pies
Grafter

Surely the ticket system is for sorting problems Roll_eyes
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@pies keep going,soon you will have two hundred haha,Yes the ticket system is but ive read that these are not getting answered for days upon days and thats why this forums here aswell for help or even a chit chat,Its more choice
pies
Grafter

I wont get to 200 i leave at xmas
Lurker
Grafter

As soon as you censor, you use the the most important value of any conversation - that being the right to say whatever you like.
I'll always support the idea that people can offer whatever feedback they desire.
If somebody has taken the time to register and post here to complain or leave negative feedback, then PN need to hear that voice.
There is a genuine problem in every case - it just might not be what it appears to be from the initial posting.
If somebody feels upset about the service they are receiving, it is a genuine problem, whether they have made 1 or 10,000 posts.
That problem might be that PN haven't held their hand enough, or it may be that PN have made a real hash of something, but either way, if the customer is unhappy, its a genuine problem, deserving of attention.
I can't see a situation where we would want to send people elsewhere to air their dissatisfaction - here is the ideal place.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm not just talking about negative feedback,it goes for positive feedback aswell,and if they are experiencing the problems you are saying then theres plenty help here on the forums to help them,if you want help you have to ask,and that is better than leaving negative feedback that may at some point they would regret in doing.
Lurker
Grafter

But its the feedback that enables PN to prevent others from ending up feeling the same.
Of course, you could just not read the bits you don't like. Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I sure could Wink It's my suggestion anyway because i think theres a lot of threads out there that would put any one off,this would make it all a bit more credible to the reader.
Take a look at the feedback system just now,half of them have been locked or moved,it looks god darn ugly