Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer and still no broadband

Suicide
Dabbler

New Customer and still no broadband

Well here goes the long story.
I am a new customer and my broadband should have been active on the 19th DEC.
Come the 19th DEC i had no internet, so i phone PN up who sent me out a test router and case of a faulty router.
So i setup the test router and i still had not internet.
Phoned up plusnet again and told them i am getting no broadband light on my router still and they said they do some tests.
After the tests was done and that they said they would have to send round a engineer.
So they arrange a engineer to come out and he did a line test and said that the line was working fine and can not see no problems and that PN would need to arrange a
broadband engineer to come out
So i phone PN up and told them what the engineer said and they said that when they got the report they would phone me back.
They phoned me back and said that they would have to arrange a engineer to come out again as it looks like BT did not send out a broadband engineer which was requested, So a new date was set for 29th DEC for a new engineer to come out, on the 28th there was a unplanned visit from a BT engineer who said he has come to do a line test (which remember this was already done) he did his tests and he also said the the line was working fine and can see no problems.
Today the arrange engineer did not show up so i phoned PN up and told the person on the phone what has happend and he said he would contact BT and give the a ear full and he would phone me back.
PN phone me back and said that BT did not wont to send out a broadband engineer as of yet and that the be doing some test on the line which would take 2hrs and the person on the phone said he would phone me up tonight/tomorrow to let me know what is going on.
I was also told on the phone somethink about one of the engineer saying there was a fault with the Internal wireing or somethink like that (which i was told by both engineers that there was not fault) and i would not do somethink which i did not quite hear on the phone what the person said from PN but i can say i was not told to do any think and that both engineers told me all was ok with my line.
Now 2 months ago i was with BT broadband and i never once had a problem with them and i am using the same setup apart from the router and mac filters which was sent to me by PN, so to say its a internal wireing issue is a little bit odd as i had no problem for over 2 years in the pass with BT.
I feel like i am being pushed around now and i do need to have access to broadband internet by friday  other wise i will have to ask for the MAC code and move back over to BT where i never had any problems.
Its just that no internet  = no job = no money = no good i know that i have free dial up untill its fixed but i can not do my job with dial up i need broadband.
So i am hoping its fixed by then other wish i have no choice but to ask for the MAC code and move back to BT even though then it will take 5 days for the MAC code and 7 days for BT to active the broadband but at lease i know that my broadband worked with BT the first time and i have no problems and then i can get back to work which = money which = good.
Had anyone else had this sort of problem where there broadband light has not been on and what was your problem and how long did it take to fix your problem.
Any help would be GREAT
14 REPLIES 14
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: New Customer and still no broadband

I recommend you ask for your MAC now!
You have up to 30 days to use it and even then you don't have to. Getting it in advance of making your decision would save a further delay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Doesn't asking for a MAC close any outstanding tickets?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If it does it's (a) it's not something I was aware of and (b) pretty dammed stupid as someone like the OP who is considering migrating is likely to make up their mind pretty quickly if that happened!
Suicide: I suggest you check this when you ring in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Suicide
Dabbler

from what i have read on these forums, if i ask for the MAC code then close the tickets.
How true that is i do not know that is why i am giving them to the end of the week before i request to see if my problem gets fixed before i ask for the MAC code.
I so hope i dont have to ask for it, but come friday i will have no choice but to ask for it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Suicide
Dabbler

yeah i just read that.
I think i will be requesting a MAC code tomorrow and a refund for failing to provide some think that i have paid for if i do not get a real response to why 2 months ago i was ok on BT for over 2 years and now with PN its not and i am getting the run around.
Shame tbh because i was told by someone that was on PN before he moved into a cable area (the lucky git :P) that PN was GREAT
Shame i just had a bunch of problems from the start.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

My concern would be that the problems have been caused by BT misconfiguring something at the exchange.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there
It defnitely looks like a configuration issue, I've got one of our faults guys on this for you now.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We've booked a BB engineer for tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get this sorted for you. Once fixed I'd be happy to sort out some recompense for the downtime.
Suicide
Dabbler

Thanks Mand.
I just hope that BT do send out a BB engineer this time as the last engineer out should have been a BB engineer but all that i got was a line test again.
I have to say Tom on the support team has been a great help and i just hope tomorrow that A: the BB engineer can fix the problem and get me on the net or B: at lease tell me the problem and a ETA on a fix.
dick:quote
Suicide
Dabbler

Well i am now happy to say that my broadband has now been fixed.
The engineer said that my line was not connected to the broadband at the exchange for some reason.
But at lease he fixed it and now i am on.
I am finding my speed slow though but i bet i have to wait for a bit now for the broadband to stable out and that.
mal0z
Grafter

Just goes to show - you get fed stories by some staff in BT
but good to see it resolved. hope the speed builds for you
Santiago
Grafter

Suicide got fed some stories by plusnet too.
Pardon my ignorance but if the line was tested surely it can be determined that the wires are not joined up at the exchange!
mal0z
Grafter

maybe wired to the wrong line - that had a router attached - we will never know