cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - So far so good

Asterix187
Grafter

New Customer - So far so good

I had been with Nildram for around 6 years until this week when i decided to migrate to Plusnet. The main reason for this was the price and the possible inclusion of Home phone which should hopefully save me a bit of cash.
I made my order about a week ago, receiver my router on Saturday and the line went line on sunday. So far everything has been perfect, no drop in line other then the resetting up of details from old to new account. I have the pro service for a spot of the old Xbox gaming and having set that, and the Wii up its all been perfect so far.
So thanks for everything so far Plusnet, lets hope I don't have any other reason to contact you!
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: New Customer - So far so good

welcome to plusnet and the forum
just quick bit of info.
the pro package isnt really needed for console gaming.
pro's more geared to pc gamers( due to so many diffrent ports ect being used makes it hard for PN to keep on top with sig's for all the games) and those customers that want all the traffic on there line to be at line speed
i have no problems with my xbox on the unlimited package.
I am not saying you've choice the wrong package just giving you this heads up in  case having all traffic at line speed is not of major importance to you and if you keep hiting the usage limit you may want to change package with the knowledge your console gaming will be fine
i also think upgrading from value or pro to unlimited dosent reset contract length
Asterix187
Grafter

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that I do also play Urban Terror and Battlefield on the PC amongst other PC based games!
Like i said thought, so far so good, nice pings good price and everything all round good. If i had one thing to say that was bad its that the email address given is awful. Most ISP's give a top level domain account and having xxx@xxx.plus.com reminds me of my old ISDN live n freeserve!!
That and the fact the email side doesnt work for me and just gives IMAP errors. Still it doesn't really matter as I will not be using it but i did find that Nildram giving an @nildram.co.uk and a @gotadsl.co.uk email address was good.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this should help you set up your e-mail http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/index.shtml?supporta=emailsetupguides  ans dont forget the server is imap.plus and not relay.plus
thisoldman
Grafter

a warm welcome my friend. all is good with plusnet especially the tech support and cust services. but ignore the irc chat its a dead loss
Be3G
Grafter

Oi! Admittedly it is quiet in there, but if/when someone needs help there's often someone around who'll oblige.
scootie
Grafter

yeah it was god sends when trying to work out if the latency issue was being sein by other trialists on 21cn