Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Router & Cashback Query

damianiw
Hooked

New Customer - Router & Cashback Query

Hi
I'm a new Customer, moved from BT 38Meg Unlimited to your Fibre Extra Unlimited, just have 2 queries

• I paid the P&P for your router but only the router not an OpenReach was shipped, I previously had a HomeHub5 so ended up with a router I cannot use and had to search and reconfigure my HH5, which is ok but had I known I'd have not paid the P&P for your router, I planned to keep it and the OpenReach as a spare in case the HH5 gave up like previous routers have

• I ordered on 11 Aug 2015 and went via TopCash Back which is showing as Pending, is there anything that needs to be done now I'm connected and paying so it moves forward ?

Other than the email telling me an Engineer was visiting to install my Broadband (when I was at work) and being that I was already active no engineer visited which alarmed me the transition was very smooth, text/email early morning to say all done, just a quick amendment on the router in the evening and happy family now broadband restored 🙂 Telephone is working as well (haven't checked the 1571 yet come to think of it).
All in all much easier than when I moved ADSL provider years ago, sync seems to be around 66MB and testing (over wireless which isnt ideal but easier) shows I'm getting 60/19 which is very good, would be nice if the sync speed adjusts in a few days up a bit more but all in I left BT as their prices were going up as they offered services I didnt want and now I have a faster connection.
Thanks 😉 hopefully many happy years with PlusNet to come.
Damian
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New Customer - Router & Cashback Query

Hi Damian, welcome to the forums!
I'm glad to hear your migration went (relatively) smoothly.
In regards to the router/modem, I can either arrange for a modem to be sent out to you in the post, or for a returns bag to be sent out and refund the £5.99 P&P.
If you can let me know how you'd prefer to proceed with that, I'll make sure the appropriate action is taken on your account Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
damianiw
Hooked

Thanks for your reply, I think returning and being refunded the p&p would be preferable as I'm not overly keen on the 2 device setup so if my home hub packed up I'd buy another all in one router (don't actually find the home hub that great but not wishing it dead yet!)
Phone and broadband service is all running smoothly  Smiley
dick:quote
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've got that refunded for you through your Direct Debit. It can take anywhere up to two weeks to arrive, though in my experience it's usually a little sooner than that.
I have also issued you with your returns bag.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
damianiw
Hooked

Thanks a blue bag has arrived addressed to BT, just want to check thats right before posting 🙂
dick:quote
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That should be the one, yes.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet