Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Happy

G3WYP
Rising Star

New Customer Happy

Morning all.
I took advantage of PlusNet's cash back offer and signed up for Telephone and Broadband after talking with a neighbour who was already with PlusNet.
The change over was for yesterday and our phone and broadband went off so we were hoping to be back on after a short time but unfortunately after a couple of hours I phoned PlusNet for a sitrep and was informed by Jordon that it appeared that my then ISP's engineer had pulled the plugs before PlusNet's engineer had arrived but hopefully we would be up and running soon.
The phone went live at 5:30 ish but sadly no Broadband but after another call I was advised that it should not be too long as the engineers did work late.
After another call I was advised that we were live but had not been switched on at PlusNet which the advisor did there and then and also set up caller id.
So my wife was happy at last as she could get on the internet and let our family know we were connected to the world again!!!
I appreciated DLM will be running but so far my speed seems better than my previous provider.
Even with the minor blip of waiting to be connected, which was not really Plusnets fault we are very happy.
My neighbour is also pleased as I was able to give their details as a referral.
Keep up the good work PlusNet.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Customer Happy

Thanks for the great feedback, welcome to Plusnet!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
seanhodges

Re: New Customer Happy

Another satisfied customer here, despite early teething troubles.
I had been with Sky on fibre broadband already, and sky provide an all-in-one router.
Openreach engineer swapped over wires for service at cabinet (100m from house) but decided he didn't need to visit me, assuming I already had everything I needed.
Plusnet phone service was very good - they bent over backwards to fit in around me. We got the engineer back asap and I was up and running as soon as everything was plugged in.
I guess I should expect a solid stable connection, living so close to the cabinet, but I wasn't expecting my upstream connection to go up from 10MBps to 16MBps!