Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Call

Anointed1
Hooked

New Customer Call

Hi,
I have just made a call as new customer. I was enquiring whether the router would be directed to the Post Office, as I am not currently in the property.I was informed there wouldnt be a problem, which is all good.

However, when the young girl asked, would I like to proceed. I said, "No, because I'd prefer to do it online in a few days, as its quicker that way.

Before I could finish my sentence, she had abruptly slammed the phone dow and cut me off. This is outrageous, rude and highly offensive as a prospective customer.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New Customer Call

Not a great experience I grant you.

However do consider from their side that they will be under some pressure to meet sales targets and she has probably just spent 15-20 minutes answering your questions to your satisfaction ... only to find she has "wasted" her time, in that having nearly landed the fish, it has slipped off her hook ... and her basket is still empty.

Dealing with cold calls, spending time giving all of the advice asked for ... only then to be told you'll order anther day can be soul destroying.  We are all human!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anointed1
Hooked

It was one question in less than 30 seconds. There is obviously no CRM, training, quality or professionalism.
Tags (1)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Oh that short - no excuse then.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see this. If you can PM me the phone number you rang us from and the date/time of the call, I'll be happy to listen to it for you and make sure any feedback is passed on where appropriate. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet