cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build House -Thanks

Lutyens

New Build House -Thanks

I'm moving into a new build house. A new build has to have a post code registered with the Post Office and it needs to be activated on completion of the house before it registers on their database and their internet systems. Service Providers need an active post code as an input to their administrative systems before they will provide any service or recognise your address on their on line service "availability checkers". BUT the service providers don't appear to synchronise their post code database with the Post Office for weeks. Everytime I ring a broadband service provider or use their online applications pages I get the same "computer says 'no'" response. It's frustrating beyond belief - surely ownberrs of new build properties are obvious sources of new income for service providers, so why don't they recognise the post code as soon as it it activated by the Post Office and help?
After hours and hours of phone calls with BT, Sky and others during the past 3 weeks I was getting nowhere, until I spoke to a guy called link:csa removed at Plusnet. Even though it was a Monday morning, he was pleasant, responsive and (most importantly) knew what he was talkiing about and was prepared to do more than just type the post code into his system and give in. I would like to thank him for excellent service.
I've not yet got the phone line and broadband installation completed, but thanks to Marc at least I can see a plan of action to completion. FIngers crossed and thank once again to link:csa removed
adie:green csa name removed as per link:rules, name has been passed on
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Build House -Thanks

Hi Lutyens,
Thanks very much for that, I'll get this posted up so the agent you talked to gets the recognition for it Smiley
Glad we managed to get it sorted out (and impress you in the mean time Smiley )
Please let us know if there's anything else at all we can do to help.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New Build House -Thanks

Welcome to the forum Lutyens Smiley and keep us posted on progress. It can help others in a similar situation.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine