Did you mean: 

New Billing System

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

New Billing System

Given yet the latest price increase , we was all emailed the following: 

"Here at Plusnet, we believe in doing you proud. So over the last few months, we’ve been busy working away on a range of improvements that will make your experience even better. Investing in our products and services means that from time to time we have to increase our prices and make changes to our services,"

Given the above statement , when is the fit for purpose billing system going to appear PlusNet (been coming since summer 14) ?

What are these improvements that will make our experience better ?

Lets see if PN can give a proper reply. (even getting a reply to this topic can prove difficult) 

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

25 REPLIES 25
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New Billing System

I can assure you it's definitely being worked on, however I'm afraid I don't have a target date that I can share at the moment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for your response  @HarryB , but it is the same response for over the last 2 years .

Given it has now been two years since this meant to have gone live, in my view its one big project fail 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Tag removed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Its just like asking what has become of PN New Network Cool_smiley this seams to have been left by the wayside Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Customers are constantly being migrated over to the new network daily. I'm not sure why you think that's stopped.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chenks76
All Star

@ITWorks wrote:

Thanks for your response  @HarryB , but it is the same response for over the last 2 years .

Given it has now been two years since this meant to have gone live, in my view its one big project fail 

would you rather it was launched before it was ready ?
Or would you rather they waited until it was functioning correctly?

you can't win with some people.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

No of course not , but when a project is over run by two years and with no indication to when it will be delivered , it does not look very good at all does it.

chenks76
All Star

the only mistake made was publishing a proposed launch date.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@chenks76 wrote:

would you rather it was launched before it was ready ?

Or would you rather they waited until it was functioning correctly?

Of course not!  But I would expect it to be delivered AND fully functional within a reasonable timescale.  Having worked in the industry, two years to implement a billing system is excessive.  9 -12 Months would be generous.

Something else must be the cause of the delay.

M

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@chenks76 You mean dates , summer 2014 , 2015 ,2016 

The mistake was not starting on a new billing system years earlier than what they did  , if  PN need years and years to have it working 

Does anyone know of a company the size of PN with such and out dated and near zero flexibility in their billing system 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

HarryB ?  so what percentage of customers have moved to the new network ??  i cant remember how long ago it was first started ?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@rongtw given this post: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Plusnet-New-Network/m-p/1300543#M68869

I would think January this year . 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

ITWorks thats 8 months Sad  am sure it cannot take long to move PN customers , Be nice to see what HarryB says what percentage have been moved
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid percentage of customers moved is not something I will be discussing. However I can confirm that the migrations to the new network are an ongoing process at the moment and still happening.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I didn't think PN would make any % of commercially sensitive information Shocked

But once again its a ongoing process and still happening ,,,,,, Just as ITworks has said the new billing system is still ongoing and still happening Undecided