cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never thought I would regret leaving Pipex

devonshire

Never thought I would regret leaving Pipex

Oh dear, what have I done.....
6 years with Pipex with no real complaints apart from the recent price increase.
Am I being un-realistic to try for a non standard script reply as to why over night,
my download speed has gone from 3Mbs to 750 Kbs. Nothing has changed
at my end - same Belkin N router - same Win 7 PC - same copper wire to
Durham Exchange. All because I joined PN recently.
Tried the usual - re starting router regularly etc. Stats:-
N.Margin 15
Attenuation  52
Sync 1440
Unhappy Newbie
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Never thought I would regret leaving Pipex

Welcome to the Forum
What package are you on?
How long have you been on PN
What is your Usage  https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
ronroam1
Grafter

Oh how I can echo your words...
I joined PN about 10 days ago from long time provider AOL has dropped to from a consistent 2MB + to 0.7MB from Plusnet.
From comments in this forum it seems that PN's service is also dropping in synch with it's speeds.
It does seem that they cannot cope with extra customers so I'm getting out.
devonshire

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to the Forum
What package are you on?
How long have you been on PN
What is your Usage  https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php

Package  is irrelevant to my question....
Been with PN long enough to know its not for me.Gone from being able to watch "Catch up TV"
to nothing. I am so damn annoyed at the moment I'm going to set a record for the quickest MAC
to be delivered....
At 77 years of age but still very computer literate, I can do without this hassle.
Peter
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
Mand
Grafter

@devonshire,  you current have an IP profile of 750. This is limiting what speed your service is running at, and is *not* something we can affect.
You can find more about this here.
If your current speed is maintained this should lift to 1Mb, but that's obviously someway short of what you used to get.
Looking at our connection logs your connection drops fairly frequently, so I'd suggest raising a fault so that we can take this further for you.
Mand
Grafter

@ronroam1,
I can't see anything obviously wrong with your line, can you run some BT speedtests for me?
ronroam1
Grafter

Hi Mand,
I carried out a BT test and it shows 674Kbps with a maximum achievable of 1000Kbps. I was consistently getting 2MB with AOL and other providers in the immediate area are achieving 2MB also. However, it seems that the system that PN use is controlled directly by BT and they have the power to reduce speeds which the others do not. This could also Peter's problem I guess.
I'm talking to your cancellations people and it seems that I will have to pay £80 to get out of a service that was only started on 8th February but I'll have to chalk that up to experience I suppose.
Anyway, thanks for your input but I have already started my own posting under 'Plusnet, You have duped me..' so it's probably best not to repeat stuff here.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Anyway, thanks for your input but I have already started my own posting under 'Plusnet, You have duped me..' so it's probably best not to repeat stuff here

Probably the easiest way to keep track of it yes, I'll take a look at your other thread after the weekend to see how things are going for you. I've made a note of your name on our whiteboard so I don't forget.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.