cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never seen such a worst service in my life

yogesh87

Never seen such a worst service in my life

Hello,
I ordered Plusnet unlimited broadband plan on August 24th 2014. Until now, I haven't got any Internet connection - today October 20th 2014. You read it right - almost 2 months! Pathetic, terrible service.
Plusnet said it would just take 2-3 weeks to get working internet; but in my case, they are taking almost 2 months - No internet - still I'm not sure how long I will need to wait. You people are testing my ultimate patience!  Ridiculous!
How on earth one would let a simple customer to wait for this much long time? Whenever I try to ask for an update, I've to wait a superb 45minutes (minimum) for a phone call or 2-4 days to get a meaningless email reply!! You better please shut down your customer service - makes no sense to me honestly.
This is not at all acceptable! 
Regards
- One of the victims of your awful award-winning service  Tongue
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Never seen such a worst service in my life

Hi yogesh87 and welcome to the Community forums.
Apologies for the delay in getting your line up and running.
How on earth one would let a simple customer to wait for this much long time? Whenever I try to ask for an update, I've to wait a superb 45minutes (minimum) for a phone call or 2-4 days to get a meaningless email reply!! You better please shut down your customer service - makes no sense to me honestly.

Apologies too for any long call waits, however I can see we've been keeping you updated via ticket 91861138 which you've been responding to.
I'm glad to see that the line is now up and running so I'll make sure your broadband order is placed and the ticket updated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yogesh87

Thanks for your timely message - first time ever.
Anyways I really don't need 'sorry' update messages. I need a simple solution. I pay you money,  you give me service as promised. It's that simple. If you can't give me the promised service, then it's a clear cheating or whatever you name it. Can you give back my time which I lost ? I need a full compensation for all these waiting times (approx 2 months) or I'll definitely lodge a legal complaint against Plusnet. Wait and watch.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
We appreciate your frustration.
I need a simple solution. I pay you money,  you give me service as promised. It's that simple

Your broadband order has been placed and should complete within 5-7 working days from today.
I've updated ticket 91861138 and sent you an SMS with details of this and also a proposed goodwill gesture to hopefully make up for the delay.
To summarise things are now in motion to get you connected and I've proposed what we'd like to offer back in turn for the inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: yogesh87
You better please shut down your customer service - makes no sense to me honestly.

Well in a way is does make perfect sense.
Most of the migrations/activations go 100% to plan and without a hitch
That is what Plusnet is set up to do.
and they must be doing something right with over 0.75million customers.
Those few that do go wrong, go wrong badly - 'cos its cheap.
Sorry but what do you expect when a company offers unlimited ADSL broadband at £2.49/pm for 12 months........
If you want the phone picked up rapidly buy a business tariff - yup it costs a lot more - I wonder why.
Please stop believing the advertising spiel - and this comment applies to just about any advert/sales pitch in both the consumer and business sector - it's just all a load of meaningless words.
yogesh87

"Your broadband order has been placed and should complete within 5-7 working days from today."
Hold on. You said 5-7 working days starting from TODAY?  That's what you said last week!
To your latest second message: The tone of your message proves that who is cheaper. Anyways,  I presume that you don't actually need to wonder about any individual customer's financial spending ideology: can be from any status - rich or poor,  cheap or luxury,  even black or white, as long as the customer pays you the bill and your pocket is full.  Even if someone has 100 bucks with them,  it's purely upto them to spend all the money or not. In my country USA, customers rule the business. Not the vice versa.
Well,  if you really need an elite,  smiley-face or godly customer,  then I wonder why Plusnet came to this cheap real-world marketing. We are average homo-sapiens! We will get frustration,  if someone cheats us continously. Dot.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: x47c
ADSL broadband at £2.49/pm

Problem is that just isn't true.
It's like saying roof only £10 when you buy the house for £200,000.
Time this disingenuous practice from (all) providers was knocked on the head.
If the broadband is really that price then it shouldn't matter who supplies the phone line.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This thread is (understandably) high on emotion and short on facts.
Is this a new provide?
Is this a new build property?
Both of these could involve BTOR needing to provision new cables which in some circumstances they are quite poor at delivering and keeping the supplying retailer advised of progress / state of play.
If this is a migration, has the loosing supplier obstructed the migration as they can and often do, irrespective of the wishes of the subscriber?
Without facts of the supply issue, we ought to refrain from commenting!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SharonBrown
Grafter

Good morning yogesh87
I have picked this up as a personal issue and left you a voicemail on both contact numbers.  I'm really sorry for the delay but I understand that this has already been explained and apologised for and all you want now is your connection.  I have created an online support ticket 93400710  and will be your point of contact until this matter is resolved.  I have also sent you a PM detailing my intention for moving forward.  I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Warm regards
Sharon  Smiley

yogesh87

Thanks to Sharon Brown (customer service) for trying to resolve my internet issue so far. (Hopefully I believe my internet will speed up to the normal mbps soon as we discussed). I wish this had happened before 5-6 weeks (on-time) though.
SharonBrown
Grafter

Grin You're more than welcome yogesh87, I'm just sorry too that this took so long.  I've passed on some valuable feedback for the provisioning department and will give you another call next week as confirmed, to make sure that it's ticking over nicely.  I hope you're having a nice weekend and I look forward to speaking to you again next week as arranged.
Cool