Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to start taking issues with your supplied hardware more serious

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Need to start taking issues with your supplied hardware more serious

My daughter is happy enough with her 582n.
The WiFi struggles a bit to reach her bedroom but there are 3 walls between so it's understandable.
Oh...and if it was black it would fit her colour scheme better.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Agree strat White is a terrible color choice  Wink
thats why i was happy when i changed to fibre and got the netgear  wnr100v3 from PN rather than the 585  Cool
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mine just works including wifi throughout the house
HalfShaft
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

As stated above, its consumer grade equipment for consumers.  The 585 I got when a signed up is a real junker, but set to bridge mode and coupled to a Netgear R6300 its does the job of a dumb modem perfectly.
My line was crap when I moved out here years ago and AOL would do nothing without paying up front for an engineer.  Was on PN a fortnight and they had an engineer in the yard and found and fixed a couple of problems up the line and generally its alright, but should there be a problem again I can't get the old 'it must be your equipment' or 'we dont support router X' line (not that I've got that from PN ever)  since I could always reset the 585 back into 'router mode' before starting any troubleshooting steps.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It is fine for my 86 year old mother in law because of the ease of set up. I rapidly replaced mine because I was losing so much speed. However, as previously stated, for 99% of users it's perfect. Which have it as a " best buy"!!!!!! Sad
Roberto0151
Grafter

I suspect that Which? are not too reliable on computer related things.  A little while ago I needed a new printer and after much on line research I bought one that Which? seemed to think was rubbish.
In their latest comments on printers I see that they now think it's not at all bad, especially at the price.
deathtrap
Grafter

@ x47c you missed the point i was making re the online manuals , the fact that they are available online  would enable tech support to provide help , via the telephone or remotely. and your comments about some not being able to wire a plug or change a light bulb because  it's technically too challenging for them, makes me wonder how they are able to feed themselves do they fall over when they have to think about something  too
The reason most don't have a clue is because they don't want to learn, I started off like everyone else knowing nothing about computers or broadband, & i still don't know everything and probably never will,but what i do know is mostly what i have picked up, Like a car, i know how it works, and can do quite a few repairs,servicing ect, again i wasn't trained by anyone. i was interested  in knowing mainly to save money and not be ripped off  by dodgy garage owners , it's i suppose a form of  survival in this jungle we all live in,