cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice here

DavidK

Need some advice here

OK I ordered Line only + Broadband on the 8th February. Got the confirmation email and a letter a few days later. The email even sported the "Track Your Order" button...
Nothing happened for 25 (!!!!!!!!!!) days.
When I contacted Plusnet yesterday they told me THEY DID NOT REGISTER AN ORDER! It simply wasn't on their system! OK I sweared for a bit to myself and told the guy to just go ahead and place the order.
Today I got messages from my current provider (Sky) that they want me to pay cancellation fees as I'm under contract again as they were not told I'm leaving on time. This would not happen if Plusnet processed the bloody order on the 8th Feb.
I'd like Plusnet to pick up those cancellation fees to be honest. I've only heard good thing about you, that's why I decided to come to you and this happens...
2 REPLIES 2
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Need some advice here

I don't really know much about Sky internet contracts but I am puzzled as to how you are back in contract as you hadn't left in time.
Once ones contracted term has ended that should be it and you can leave whenever one wants.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Need some advice here

Once out of min. term with Sky ,you go onto rolling contract with 31 days notice as far as I'm aware. So if your connection is actually transferred over to PN within the notice period you will still have to pay a few days extra to Sky, but not a mega amount.