cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly 3 Months

andy7629

Nearly 3 Months

Nearly 3 months with a speed issue and don't seem to be getting any closer to it being resolved. In October I reported an issue with my Broadband Speed, this was then related to the speed issues throughout November for PlusNet. However without any improvements as they were made to the PlusNet infrastructure were being seen I completed several speed tests.
I then received a ticket reply with the following... "As your exchanges VP capacity was recently showing as overloaded i have sent a request through to BT to get some confirmation on whether this is an exchange issue that can be rectified remotely.", then after a week a reply from BT "BT have advised that the VP you are connected to has been marked as running "Hot" and a upgrade has been planned and should be done in the next 7-10 working days. We will check this again for you in 7 days". That was the 10/12/2009.
The 'upgrade' still doesn't seem to have been completed now and its now approaching a month on, obviously Christmas hasn't helped. Apparently there have been no updates from BT about the work. Surely as its now approaching 3 months something can be done to escalate the issue to get it resolved faster? My next Support update is due on the 10th sadly. Shame that there seems to be such a big gap between updates.
I didn't want to have to write this here but as things seem to be taking forever I felt that it was needed to try and get this resolved. I know the issue may not be PlusNet's fault but I would like to feel that it is actively been pushed with BT to get it resolved asap.
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Nearly 3 Months

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your time on the phone last night, and sorry I didn't drop this reply in then. Basically there's delays to all exchange upgrades because BT have declared an MBORC (matter beyond our reasonable control) due to the weather which aside from making exchanges difficult to get to is causing a lot of faults in its own right. What with the forecast for this week I'm afraid it's not looking like things will improve immediately, though we will continue chasing for updates for you.
Sorry about all the hassle, please let us know if there's anything further we can do for you.
grinder2
Grafter

Re: Nearly 3 Months

Download speed achieved during the test was - 531 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7488 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
welcome to minusnet club i am a 3 month paid up member  with nothing sorted.