cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My maiden experience

milagro

My maiden experience

After waiting for 3 weeks, I was ever so excited to get my Plusnet phone and broadband service last Friday 7th January. However, I was disappointed to learn that neither service was active as claimed by Plusnet. The worse bit of this is that my number was transferred to my neighbour''s line which made their own number invalid. I was meant to have an engineer round on Sat January 15th as confirmed by Plusnet. However, on my way to work today, got a called from  a BT engineer to say that he was expected to come and see me today-which was a shock since two days ago i got another call from another BT engineer when I was at work to say that he was meant to check my fault. Neither of these were booked and Plusnet said that they were not advised. Obviously  I would have liked that but couldnt leave work. Well, to say the least my telephone line is back but i couldnt stay any longer to test my broadband, which I cant wait to do when I return home.
I am very concerned though because my neighbours understandbly want their number back. And how my number was assigned to theirs have got me quite perplexed. While I know I am not at fault, I cannot live to see that my neighbours line ceased by error of a provider/engineer-you get the picture . I would be seriously angered by that. So I hope that their problem can be solved! 
  And I will really see how Plusnet works for me!
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My maiden experience

Hi milagro,
I'm certain this problem can be resolved and I'm sorry things have happened in this way. I'll start looking into this ASAP before getting back to you again.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI A colleague of mind on the faults team has picked this up for me and is speaking with BT now. I'm curious to know how things are going today as we can see that orders are in progress to rectify the situation.
I'll update you again later this afternoon when I should have more to tell.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

For what it is worth, I have had a very smooth, BB only, switch over from my previous ISP to Plusnet.  I have kept my telephone service with my current service provider.
But, as a newcomer to Plusnet, I had a considerable problems with Plusnet's Squirrelmail and no-one in Support team had picked-up that I was a newbe and they kept assuming that I was suggesting to get rid of their security coding etc.  There was insufficient info on using the Squirrelmail.  There was no mention at all of how one is to use the captcha security.  When you are away from home you want to ensure that there is not someone needing an urgent response.  Captcha does not help much.
I do not understand why Plusnet have to use such a complicated Webmail tool when there are so many easy to use webmail tools e.g. Horde on Ukonline and Mailzone on Onetel.
Plusnet as an ISP is good, but some of the tools they use are not so good.  That is my Maiden experience with Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the captcha is only on your first ten uses, then it disappears