cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience is not a good one sadly.

boylena

My experience is not a good one sadly.

I am just sharing my experience with people who are thinking of switching providers as they shold be aware that it is not always straight forward.
I paid up front for a years contract with Plusnet for Broadband & home phone at the beginning of May (3rd May) whereby i was advised it would be straightforward, i could keep my landline number and i would have to do very little.
Sadly none of this has happened. I have now been given a new landline and a month on my broadband has still not been transferred. Unfortunately the level of customer service i have received (when i finally get through after around 40 minutes waiting on hold) has been poor to say the least. Numerous advisors have made promises which have not kept for example that they had processed my broadband, however when i called for an update i was advised it had'nt been.  On two occasions i was told the matter was being escalated, that the issue would be addressed by a manager and i'd be called back. On both occasions I did not receive any such calls and when i rang back and spoke to another advisor it was very much like it was the first time I was raising the issue. Also i was told a router had been sent out however when i rang back because i had not received it, it had'nt.
I am a patient person however I am now extremely frustrated that its been over a month and i'm still no closer to getting my broadband transfered, despite spending numerous hours emailing, being on hold and contacting my old provider for assistance. My experience has been one of false promises, continuing incompetence and terrible customer service.
I have had to continue to take time out of my day chasing up this matter to be told the same thing over and over. I have also sent in an online complaint just to see if that will help resolve the situation however they have failed to respond in any form. I am at present still paying for my old service and like many on here i have still not received the cheque i was promised when I signed up.
If I could turn back the clock I would not have changed provider as it has caused me alot of frustration, time and considerable inconvenience. Particularly as i was left without a landline for days and I have had periods where i had no internet access for 4 days.
I am sure there are people who would recommend Plusnet however sadly at the moment I am not one of them.
4 REPLIES 4
alext05
Grafter

Re: My experience is not a good one sadly.

It's really worrying that experiences like that keep cropping up on these forums more frequently recently.
Hope it will be sorted for you soon and you will get some sort of compensation, although that wouldn't necessarily be enough for all the frustration you had.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi boylena,
Welcome to the forums, sad to her of your tribulations.
Just two questions, the answers to which might inform why your experience has been as it has...
1. Who have you migrated from?
2. Did you give your old provider a termination date, rather than just leaving that to the migration process?

Irrespective of who you choose to move to, migrating from a LLU provider is technically more challenging that simply swapping between ISPs/CPs both using the BTw infrastructure.
Telling your old supplier that you are leaving on a specific date is a deadly action...
- it ensures that your service will terminate on that date, irrespective of BTOR's ability to resource the change on that date
- it inhibits any order being placed on that line by your new provider until AFTER the termination date
- it can result in the phone number being lost forever
For the benefit of others, it would be most interesting to learn how you got here if neither of the above applies.  There are a number of issues in the BTw ordering system which do not correctly report issues back to PlusNet, so if you did not inform your old supplier of an end date, then one of those issues might have "hit" you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
Let me look into what's happened.
[INTERNAL]
Right there was come confusion over your number as we thought it wasn't on the BT Network when it actually was. The numbers available so I'm renumbering your line back to it which will complete tomorrow. Once that's been done I should be able to make progress on your broadband order. I'm dealing with this personally to ensure this happens.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
boylena

Thankyou for the information and your feedback. Matthew Wheeler i would appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem. I was promised a call back today from another advisor as she wanted to look into the matter and then would inform me what is happening however she too has failed to call me back. I have all the names, dates and times of these promises and will be writing in again to complain. It really is unbelievable particularly as she send me a message stating ' I can assure you I will definitely call you back and hopefully resolve this issue'.
I would understand if I was being unpleasant or rude but I have just asked for help.