cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ad's on Google ??

onlyme
Grafter

My ad's on Google ??

A short while ago I placed a classified ad on the Plusnet site for AY51224 clock chips.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=68604.msg%msg_id%
When I was browsing earlier for "AY51224", I was very surprised to find that this link has been added to the Google site.  How on earth does this work, does Plusnet offer links to Google or does Google get the info from Plusnet by some other means?
8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: My ad's on Google ??

It is just a Google search bot which is used to look at 100s of millions of websites daily. Being a forum which changes frequently it will search this public forum frequently for new pages. Nothing to do with PlusNet, its how Gooogle works.
onlyme
Grafter

Oooohhhhh, right, thanks Peter.  By the way, where has the classified ads section gone, I can't find it since PN updated the site?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It is no more.
Archived here.
onlyme
Grafter

Sulks  Cry Cry
Not applicable

Feel free to post your ad into a relevant board elsewhere here. We just ditched the classified board since it was little used, and it was felt that any adverts would be better placed where people with an interest in the ad might see it.
For example, if I recall your previous ad/request, its the sort of thing that might fit well into the Hardware board under the Computers and Networking heading.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not that I ever used it.  But where would you put for instance, apartment to rent in Spain? Kiss
Not applicable

Chit Chat presumably - but its up to the poster to decide where they think its best.
The mods would move it if it was clearly in the wrong place, for example in Community Support.
What we'd prefer to see in that sort of a situation, where the offer is an ongoing one, would be to put an ad in the persons signature, and then for that person to play a part in the community, so their ad gets seen by more people.
I guess.
onlyme
Grafter

Thanks, James_G, I will post elsewhere but other research has indicated that I do not stand much chance getting these chips.  Perhaps I am being a bit optomistic.  Microprocessors have taken over in this field (and most others) and taken all the fun of home construction with them. My original question, how did my ad get onto Google has been answered, thanks.