cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet woes

Sixbomb
Grafter

My Plusnet woes

I have been a loyal customer of Plusnet since about 2002.  In November of last year, I (along with many other idiots) thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to Plusnet Premium.  As soon as I did, my speeds dropped from 700 k/s to 30k-200k/s.
I raised a fault and did all the tests that I was told to do.  That got me nowhere, so I rang up the overseas call centre, to be told that I needed to try a new router at my own expense before they would send a BT engineer out (who would charge me if the line worked with their equipment).  In the meantime, I had not one but two visits from a BT engineer, who had been sent by Plusnet...to look at the old telephone number of a previous occupant.  So I buy a new router and get....the same horrendous speeds.
Then out of the blue I receive this e-mail:

"Dear [Sixbomb]
I'm sorry that your account didn't seem to have the correct details due to a system error. this means that the order to move the line to ADSL2+ service didn't go through successfully. I've reraised a manual orders to get the line moved to the ADSL2+ equipment at the exchange. the order is due to complete on 10/02/2010
Please accept my sincere appologies for the inconveniece caused.

[INTERNAL]
Line is still on 20CN at the moment
1-4873723212
the account used to have a BBEU number of
BBEU00443581 which belongs to CLI another CLI
The new and correct Service ID BBEU00918108
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 10th February at
9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - DSL Logged Faults ADSL2 -
Retest until this time.
Kind regards,
Rami Hussein"

As if by magic, my line speed was restored shortly thereafter. 
So, far from being my or my equipment's fault, it seems that Plusnet simply cocked the upgrade order up.  So, I have had three months of rubbish service, many hours of time wasted and the cost of a new router which I didn't need at all.
What have Plusnet done about this?
Tried to claim there is a new fault on the line!
I wish I was joking, but I'm not.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking - that Plusnet know they have messed up but don't want to admit it? How many others has this happened to?
Well, Plusnet, time to stop hiding behind the different people who answer the fault queries and answer the following, which you have still yet to answer properly:

In view of the negligent way in which Plusnet has handled the upgrade of my account, I require you to confirm the following:
1. That Plusnet will refund me all charges since the date of upgrade to the date the actual upgrade occurs; and
2. That Plusnet will refund me for the second router that purchased but did not need to buy after all (I was told by one of your call centre staff that I would have to try another router at my own expense).

I'm waiting...

5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: My Plusnet woes

Hi there,
I'm really sorry you've had such a problem since the product change.
I've added a response to your ticket.
Sixbomb
Grafter

Update:  I received a helpful response from Mand, which I replied to and awaited a response.  I logged on now to find that the entire ticket has now been deleted
What on earth is going on?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sixbomb,
I can confirm your ticket and the reply have been received, I'll give Mand a nudge for you. I assure you however that it hasn't been deleted though the fact that you can't see it is worrying - it won't show as being with you awaiting reply as it's currently sat with the Customer Support Centre but you should be able to see it if you look at all open tickets?
Sixbomb
Grafter

All sorted now.  Thanks to those Plusnet staff who have assisted.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it. Smiley