cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet Experience so far......

Mikeyb72
Dabbler

My Plusnet Experience so far......

I have been with Plusnet since 2009. Over this time I have had a truly excellent service and the rare times there has been a fault or loss of service, Plusnet has resolved it effectively and efficiently.
However, my experience on this latest occasion to need support is completely different.
I lost me Broadband Connection on the 25th March. I have made numerous calls to try and get it re-established and all has been to no avail.  There was some initial confusion over whether i was on the fibre optic service or the standard  adsl service, I then took it upon myself to go out and purchase another adsl modem on the off chance that i may have access to standard adsl and success a working connection although not at fibre speeds.
Having always updated Plusnet promptly, informed them of feed back from Engineers, there has still been no real resolution and my loss of service stood at 10 days before i purchased the new router. This is way above the stated time on the Plusnet site of resolving such loss of service in 7 days ?
There seems to be no one taking responsiblity and control of the issue and ensuring that something positive is done, i have made numerous further calls to plusnet's tech support lines and although staff are very helpful nothing is being done, i am told in one breath that the problem on my line is fixed and then Plusnet try to reprovision fibre on the line and then i get told that there is another fault on the line - Im getting to the point where im either going to leave PN which wont make happy or just be done with it and order another phone line but i fear the same thing may happen with that too.
It is worrying when you read people stating that Plusnet are a part of BT and have become 'influenced' by BT's lack of customer support?  Plusnet has the awards for customer care and should ensure it is not tarnished through BT's influence
Surely though Plusnet CANNOT allow BT to tarnish their own reputation and customer service. Surely there is something Plusnet can do. At the very least they could update customers without leaving the customer themselves in limbo, which is how I feel.
Thanks for taking the time to read this
Cheers
Michael [bezzaboy2005]
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My Plusnet Experience so far......

Hi Mikeyb72,
I'm sorry to hear about the protracted problems you seem to be having here. Firstly I'd like to apologise for any failings on our part, I will look into how we've done our bit and will make sure feedback or training is given as appropriate.
Secondly I'll be working with our faults team to do all we can today,  obviously with another bank holiday weekend approaching we may need to wait until next week for any engineering work needed but rest assured I'll be keeping a close eye on how things go.
With regards to fibre I'll get you some clarification on that so we both know where you stand, by the way ADSL is normally left enabled on the line when FTTC is installed so that may be what you're using at the moment. I'll come back to you with more details soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just thought I'd drop you an update after looking into this.
With regards to you losing FTTC this is what's happened as far as I can see:
1, we placed an order for ADSL2+, that order got delayed due to capacity issues at the exchange.
2, you decided to go with FTTC and that got installed
3, The original order was left open and capacity became available, BT took this (quite rightly) as a request to regrade you from FTTC to ADSL2+
4, A new order for FTTC has been placed and will be installed on 10/5/11
I really must apologise as we should have known this would happen and should have cancelled that original order before ordering FTTC. As mentioned ADSL should remain for you in the meantime and you'll get your FTTC back soon, I'm just sorry we can't arrange the re-installation any sooner!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Morning Adam
Thank you very much for the quick response on this as always
When was the order for the adsl2+ line requested, because to my knowledge I have never requested this as that it what i have always had, i just requested to move onto the fibre trial.
I am happy that i have finally got to the bottom as to what has happened because I felt like I was going round in circles with calls to the supprt desk, and can hopefully look forward to getting fibre back soon.
Thanks again
Michael [bezzaboy2005]
WWWombat
Grafter

Hmmmm.... that's made me think too, Adam.
We have an order for FTTC that is stuck - we were trying to change the installation date, but the order seems to be in limbo in BT's system, and is impossible to change or delete. That's been going on for over a week now.
But coincidentally, our exchange went live with ADSL2+ after the order for FTTC went through. I can't help wondering if your systems have decided to upgrade our ADSLmax product to the ADSL2+ product, and that this has sent BT's order system into a tailspin.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Michael,
No problem, this one perplexed me at first too so I was glad to figure this one out!
WWWombat,
I'll check and make sure the same thing doesn't affect you too. BT's 21CN fautls and ordering systems are down at present so I can't check now but its on my to-do list for later.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

WWWombat,
Don't worry yourself, there's no outstanding ADSL orders that could affect your fibre installation.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

Oh well, back to wondering when BT will sort out their ordering system then...
Thanks for looking though!
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, the issue with the ordering system itself was only a short-lived one today. I'll leave your ticket in the capable hands of the provisioning team.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Probably being a little cheeky here asking if there has been any update on this today but thats me  Smiley
Or should i wait until early next week and we can go from there
Cheers
Michael [bezzaboy2005]
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Morning Adam
I trust you had a good break?, Has there been any progress on my issue as of yet? Will the new installation actually occur on the 10th as the last time
I contacted the support desk I was advised that there is still a problem?
Thanks again for chasing this up and keeping me informed
Michael [Bezzaboy2005]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Michael,
I did have a good break cheers. It's not good news I'm afraid. As per the last update you your ticket the same issue has happened with the new order, meaning that we can't commit to an appointment at present.
BT are due to review the order problems on the 6th. I will make sure that we keep on top of this and treat this as a serious issue. Once reviewed I'll get the issue escalated which hopefully mean that you're not waiting too much longer.
As promised I will keep you posted and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news today.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Morning Adam
Here we are again, it's the 6th of May and I hope that you have some better news for me today, This problem has now been going on for nearly 2 months and im getting to the point where I just want it to be over.
I would like to know once and for all whether I am able to get fibre on my line and when this can happen, or im going to have to try and order a 2nd line and have that fibre enabled although im sure that will bring it's own set of problems as I know that the exchange I connect to is heavily over subscribed.
Any help or light you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Michael [bezzaboy2005]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Michael,
As yet we need to chase this up with our supplies. Bear with us as one of my colleagues in the provisioning team will be doing that today. I've requested a heads-up from them so I'll come back to you as soon as they have
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

Morning Adam
Any update on this for me today?
I see on the last update that this has been escalated to the account manager for further advice, Take it my appointment for tomorrow will not happen  now lol.
Any information greatly received and hoping for a resolution soon.
Cheers
Michael