cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Customer Experience

happysnapper
Grafter

My Customer Experience

Ordered Plusnet install to new house 3 weeks ago.
Paid, responded to an issue with direct debit set up .... All good.
Install date today, no email, no router, no text, no email, no explanation from CS as to what's gone wrong.
Promised a router in the post.
[slow hand clap]
22 REPLIES 22
happysnapper
Grafter

Re: My Customer Experience

3 (no, wait) 4 Text messages:
Text 1:
Your router is in the post, it'll arrive in a few days. We'll text you again when your broadband is ready, please don't set up your router until then.
(question: how can I set it up when it isn't here?)
Text 2:
Suppliers need to perform a survey to assess the capacity for your new line
(A reasonable customer might reasonably ask why that hasn't been completed in the 3 weeks since Plusnet took my £70 and today, install day)
Text 3:
I have now placed an order to start your telephone service in the new property. Your engineer appointment will be confirmed in the next few working days, as our
Erm, that's it. Text ends there.
Text 4:
Another text arrived telling me a question ticket has been opened repeating the above.
Well played Plusnet, well played. I'll be billing you for the inconvenience and wasted time.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/7914426/British-Gas-customer-wi...
happysnapper
Grafter

Despite having a binding agreement with Plusnet for an install for the 4th Plusnet have now told us the install will happen on the 16th
No explanation, no apology, nothing.
That's 12 days from here and that's shoddy.
We're using mobile data until then and will be sending the bill for any excess data usage to Plusnet.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Your community account links to a old account which is no longer with us.
If you can message me the username or a ticket number I can see if there's anything we can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
happysnapper
Grafter

Thank you, messaged u/n and ticket number.
In a rare but welcome display of proper customer service my mobile provider has given me 1 free GB of 4G data to tide me over.
That's saved Plusnet a few quid  Wink
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks I'm checking this now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
happysnapper
Grafter

Thanks very much. I had an email today telling me I now have a (working) phone number so the process is now under way.
Ought to have been under way 3 weeks ago though  Sad
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like due to a system issue the new line install order wasn't placed.
I'm trying to get this expedited for you due to this.
If you could provide me with 3 slots for next week (Mon-Fri AM or PM) I'll try to get one of them.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
happysnapper
Grafter

I'll take whatever I can get, earliest available, please.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've requested the earliest ones next week and as soon as I have a update I'll update the ticket.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
happysnapper
Grafter

Thanks Matthew, much appreciated.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good news!
I've managed to get the 9th between 8am and 1pm booked in.
This is for the phone line and once that's been done we'll place the broadband order. That can take up to 4 working days.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Matthew,
I've suggested / asked before - is the no "order not making expected progress" management exception reporting?
I know there are huge issues with the BT business systems which are responsibke for around 75% of the failures.  Surely a small investment in failure to progress alerting would pay dividends in improving customer satisfaction.
Waiting for the big strategic improvements is too long a wait and too big of a risk to the business.  Tactical solutions are required now... Hmm think I said that a year ago...
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi Kevin Smiley
The short answer is "yes", and it's handled by our incident management team.
In this case, there was a system exception reported which has notified us of the accounts affected. Whilst it was a small handful of accounts, they were handed over to provisioning for manual order placement. I understand that these were being worked through proactively. Whether this one was due to be worked, or whether it has fallen through the reports I am yet to tell.
happysnapper
Grafter

Quote from: catelliott
In this case, there was a system exception reported which has notified us of the accounts affected. Whilst it was a small handful of accounts, they were handed over to provisioning for manual order placement. I understand that these were being worked through proactively. Whether this one was due to be worked, or whether it has fallen through the reports I am yet to tell

Translation anyone? I'm sure it means something to someone  Crazy