Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music On Hold White Noise

FIXED
carl0s
Rising Star

Music On Hold White Noise

Please will somebody fix the painful white noise in the music on hold.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps title and contents removed as per Forum rules

12 REPLIES 12
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Music On Hold White Noise

Very little chance of that..... even the music itself is akin to "white noise"...

Try using "Live Chat" instead... ( after 6pm .... it`s quieter then )..

You can play your own choice of music whilst you wait  ! !  Smiley

carl0s
Rising Star

Do you know what I'm talking about though? Or do I need to make a youtube recording of the Plusnet music-on-hold white-noise song-transition phenomenon?

I call up on behalf of a lot of other people and can only describe the noise as distressing, which is not what you want when you have to sit on hold for an extended period of time.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I just called CS and I cannot hear anything other than some crappy "music". No white noise but my landline phone is not hi-fi.

carl0s
Rising Star

in-between the songs, when you would expect it to go quiet, instead it sends a deafening white noise down the phone, then a different 'song' blends in after the white noise.

The only other person I have ever spoken to in my life about 'phoning Plusnet' also said 'Oh my god yes that noise!'.

and I had to phone again today, due to Plusnet's website's order-taking failures this Monday resulting in a half-accepted/half-lost order for business phone & broadband for one of my customers.

Phaeton
Rising Star

I came on hear to report this, so will just update it, the white noise is horrendous, especially from mobile, I didn't notice it as much from the landline, CODEC issue?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to the white noise on our hold music. Thank you for making us aware that this is particularly bad when calling from a mobile rather than a landline. I will pass on your feedback about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

@EmilyD thanks that you acknowledge the issue but nothing has been done, I'm still sat hear having to listen to the horrendous noise, is it not bad enough that we have to listen to the inane music without almost being deafened every minute when the noise comes in. It gets very tiresome after 5 minutes let alone the 1 hour 55 minutes when I lost the will to live or continue holding.

carl0s
Rising Star

Must admit, I'm surprised this is news.

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. I just haven't had the time to come here and write about it previously, but felt it was about time.

I have referred about 50 customers to Plusnet so I do have to ring fairly frequently.

carl0s
Rising Star

Thanks for fixing this. My recent phone-in experiences have been much less stressful Smiley

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @carl0s, thanks for your message.

We're glad your recent experiences have been more positive.

Please let us know if you need any assistance at all.

SueC

It's not fixed as far as I can see. 

Due to a variety of issues - technical, house move and account related, over the last six months I have spent approximately 24 hours listening to this hold music, the most recent occasion being 25 minutes this morning.  It is still absolutely appalling.  The combination of that, and the length of time you have to listen to it, only serves to ensure you are in absolute rage by the time you get through to speak to someone. 

I feel so sorry for the operators on the receiving end of an endless queue of customers driven to the point of distraction by the 'customer service' system!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @SueC,

Thanks for letting us know what's happening.

I have looked over your account and created a ticket with a bit more info that may be helpful. You can view the ticket here.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.